muffler choice

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a noise difference between single tip and twin tips. Tested it and twins are nearly 1.4db louder.....

Yeah your absolutely right. I have a twin tip on my muffler and it is louder

I drove around with a single for a few days initially and found that through the rev range the single was quieter than when i put the twin on. Pitty as the twin looks better and the twin is what remained

Hey VuT3k

Where did you get your varex installed in Perth and for how much?

I'm wanting to change my cannon too Jay it's getting too much unnecessary attention from the cops.

i got my exhaust done at carline exhaust centre in cannington, i think thats what its called anyway :huh: i got mine done for $240 stainless steel 2.5inch resonator back

Hey VuT3k

I'm wanting to change my cannon too Jay it's getting too much unnecessary attention from the cops.

i got my exhaust done at carline exhaust centre in cannington, i think thats what its called anyway :huh: i got mine done for $240 stainless steel 2.5inch resonator back

how much extra did u pay on top to buy the varex muffler? around 400 i take it?

Hey VuT3k

thats pretty good i recon :D...

yeh thats a pretty good price.. wouldnt mind having a look at it too!

ive had about 3 different mufflers and 4 different exhaust setups on my ascent (waste of money i know lol) and the one i have now i like the best, its oval mufler and single 4 inch tip.. i previously had a xforce twin tip it was def louder that my current one but sounds alot better on dannys sportivo than it did on mine :D

Hey VuT3k

when did u have this done? hows the sound? got any video for it? LOL.. 240 quite cheap man :D

nope dnt have any videos of it, i paid about $400 for it, $240 for the install because it was stainless steel and mandel bent i wanted, the sound is pretty quiet on idle its got a nice tone (with the muffler flap open) and when u give it a fang and hit lift, you can really hear it scream!! and when the muffler flap is closed its pretty much like driving a standard car once again, even quieter then the standard sportivo muffler i'd say :) its well worth every cent i spent on it ;)

nope dnt have any videos of it, i paid about $400 for it, $240 for the install because it was stainless steel and mandel bent i wanted, the sound is pretty quiet on idle its got a nice tone (with the muffler flap open) and when u give it a fang and hit lift, you can really hear it scream!! and when the muffler flap is closed its pretty much like driving a standard car once again, even quieter then the standard sportivo muffler i'd say :) its well worth every cent i spent on it ;)

shouldnt you be at work vu?

shouldnt you be at work vu?

LOL i am.....im at tafe, tafe is work hahaha their paying me to slack off

which headers are better for the 1zz?

hurricane or wildcats

or does anyone know of any other ones?

was looking at the hurricane ones but heard from a few different ppl that they tend to crack?? maybe 'one of' cases.. ive had the wildcat on pretty much as long as i had the car and there still going good!

Just wondering, has anybody tried to position their muffler in the middle of the rear bumper (for example mini cooper and the astra SRi) i've had a look under a mini and their mufflers are basically on the sides, with a pipe going to the middle of the bumper with the exhaust tip sitting there.

will there be potential power loss in doing this?

Just wondering, has anybody tried to position their muffler in the middle of the rear bumper (for example mini cooper and the astra SRi) i've had a look under a mini and their mufflers are basically on the sides, with a pipe going to the middle of the bumper with the exhaust tip sitting there.

Possibly. More bends in the exhaust means extra restriction to exhaust flow.

The difference however, would be almost unoticeable.

Edited by Strawberryface

vu! i want a ride :)

which headers are better for the 1zz?

hurricane or wildcats

or does anyone know of any other ones?

was looking at the hurricane ones but heard from a few different ppl that they tend to crack?? maybe 'one of' cases.. ive had the wildcat on pretty much as long as i had the car and there still going good!

angelo you have a magnaflow muffler right?

how much did you get it for and where?

I actually rang around a couple of places regarding this, cause i wanted to try and get the r32 golf look :rolleyes:

Alot of places said that they didn't want to do it because it was close to the fuel tank. so i guess i'm sticking with my current exhaust system.

vu! i want a ride :)

lolz i would buttttt i cnt.....my cars getting fixed at the moment! got into a bad crash afew weeks ago :(

hi all

ive decided to get rid of my cannon muffler as its getting more annoying as i get older

im deciding between an oval with twin tips and one with single

im jsut wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference between the performance of each one and which one people think looks better

just throw down your thoughts

thanks

Jay.

ps. feel free to remove this thread if its been covered mods

OMG.. are u selling ur muffler jay? LOL.. how loud does it get? LOL