jibbed??

specialized32

hey guys long long time,

Had a stivo and was very active on this forum but times they have a changed so I just purchased a 2007 camry sportivo with leather and sunroof. Good car but now Im getting the feeling I should have gotten a aurion cause despite the camry being a great car it is gutless, and its nagging me i could have gotten a v6 for the same price and options and prob the same fuel economy. I got the car at nunawading toyota and they did an awesome job considering I dont have the best credit rating in the world and stupid here didnt even consider the aurion (been out of the toyota game for some time).

So what do you guys think sit on the camry for a while then trade for a aurion? Or should just be happy with what I got?

i don't think camry's are slow or boring, i just think you are expecting the wrong things of a great car. they aren't built for speed, let's face it.

i'd say hang on to the camry for at least 2 years, otherwise you're going to be paying for your mistake for the next 5 years through minus equity. which sucks.

yeah i figured even if i offered to trade it in i think il get shafted big time to swap over, dont want to even think how much a toyota dealer would offer but yeah i just cant stand the fact I could have gotten a bloody v6, the "buzz" of the 4cyl I think will get to me eventually. <_<

hey man long time... trade it for a aurion!!! i build both engines, ive driven both cars =] both are good and economical both are family cars but 1 is the stand out winner and thats the aurion >_< dont get me wrong the camry is good but the aurion is better =]

dont trade it in, max youll get is $24,000 tops i assume, best to get the car written off - easy $29,000 haha! i s2 my car more fun with manual :)

yeah well i think im stuck with the camry for a while (can you put a v6 in it? lol) trade in on redbook if just crazy so the equity alone would kill me ah well if thats the case its a fujita CAI, new muffler and some rims wont be a aurion but will look the goods

you could always just transplant an aurion motor into the camry :P the chassis should be the same, just the front and rear panels that are different. but yeah i know what you mean about 4cyl cams being slow, ive got a 4cyl and prefer my turbo cam anyday

lol

its pretti funni how in times of massive fuel prices and fuel becoming scarce, people are still willing to purchase big big big

i guess a 3.5L engine is not considered "big" in australia, and we prolli need the "big" engines anyway as we have the freedom to tow and transport heavy things (including humans), but i seriously think although the camrys are absolutely gutless, you wont be regreting it years down the track when $hit hits the roof with fuel, and we'll all be needing to go down the compact car and hybrid car classes.

although fuel consumption maybe the same between these 2 models for now, as they age v6's will definitely become way more fuel inefficient, which may prompt you to get another car. however, with small 4cylinders you can run them 2 the ground and the max consumption will only ever be 11/100km (thats when its 20years old - ie. the 89 SV21 camrys)

the car market in australia will soon change, you just wait, and when that happens, camrys and the like will be the most demanded of cars, and when that happens, LOL there will be a huge waiting lists for them, like there are currently in HEAPS of asian countries - singapore, malaysia, taiwan, china etc. apparently my old man told me waiting lists for the camrys have been as bad as up to 10months!

• 2 weeks later...
lol

its pretti funni how in times of massive fuel prices and fuel becoming scarce, people are still willing to purchase big big big

i guess a 3.5L engine is not considered "big" in australia, and we prolli need the "big" engines anyway as we have the freedom to tow and transport heavy things (including humans), but i seriously think although the camrys are absolutely gutless, you wont be regreting it years down the track when $hit hits the roof with fuel, and we'll all be needing to go down the compact car and hybrid car classes.

although fuel consumption maybe the same between these 2 models for now, as they age v6's will definitely become way more fuel inefficient, which may prompt you to get another car. however, with small 4cylinders you can run them 2 the ground and the max consumption will only ever be 11/100km (thats when its 20years old - ie. the 89 SV21 camrys)

the car market in australia will soon change, you just wait, and when that happens, camrys and the like will be the most demanded of cars, and when that happens, LOL there will be a huge waiting lists for them, like there are currently in HEAPS of asian countries - singapore, malaysia, taiwan, china etc. apparently my old man told me waiting lists for the camrys have been as bad as up to 10months!

Actually, that's not in every case true...

You will find that the Aurion V6 is actually extremely efficient if you don't go flooring it everywhere. In general driving, I never go beyond 2500 RPM usually, and my fuel average in city driving is 11.5L/100k - yes it's above the stated 9.9L/100k (same as the Camry), but for city driving with an auto 3.5L V6... that is extremely good. On freeways I have had it down as low as 6L/100k (sounds impossible - but not when you include tailwinds hehehe).

Another point to consider is that once you start to load down a Camry, the engine will begin to struggle with the load and you will tend to want to accelerate harder to get going - thus causing reduced fuel economy from higher RPM. The Aurion being a stronger engine, it doesn't have to work as hard to handle additional loads and will generally have about the same amount of power at lower RPM than what the Camry requires at high RPM with the same load.

Just some food for thought ;)

You will find that the Aurion V6 is actually extremely efficient if you don't go flooring it everywhere. In general driving, I never go beyond 2500 RPM usually, and my fuel average in city driving is 11.5L/100k - yes it's above the stated 9.9L/100k (same as the Camry), but for city driving with an auto 3.5L V6... that is extremely good. On freeways I have had it down as low as 6L/100k (sounds impossible - but not when you include tailwinds hehehe).

Thats excellent economy in the City for an engine that size. My Grandpa has a 2000 Magna with the 3.5L engine and in the City he generally averages in the 13-14L/100km mark and that is being conservative with take offs, etc. What makes me laugh is at the time Mitsubishi claimed the 3.5L was more economical than a four cylinder but that is not showing with age!

I have also heard rumours the Aurion is to get direct injection with the next update (can anyone confirm or deny?) so it should be interesting to see how much this improves efficiency.