Who got what size cat back

What size cat back  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

for all you Sydney peeps if you go to westside mufflers tell Brad the owner that i sent you. I know him and spoke to him on the weekend. he'll look after your car and does top rate work.

Yes Brad is a champion at Westside. When I had my stivo i got my CES headers installed there and my 3 different exhausts setups done there as well.

3 systems. can u tell us what they were and which one u have found best?

No worries, glad to provide feedback.

System 1: 2.5 inch catback with Magnaflow muffler

System 2: 2.5 inch catback with Xforce twinloop muffler

System 3: 2.5 inch catback with Apexi WS2 muffler

Note: I did have CES headers and SHIFT CAI as well

Of the 3 systems, the best was the Apexi WS2. It was similar performance wise to the magnaflow just alot quiter, but you do pay for it $$$. The twinloop system was good to keep the noise down but I felt it restricted the power in the top end. All 3 catback systems improved drivability which was the best thing.

The magnaflow was the best soundwise followed closely by the Apexi WS2.

All you need is I/H/E to comfortably hit 98MPH on the 1/4 mile should keep you happy till you move to bigger and better things later on.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently purchased the TRD muffler for my Runx and I have it to install this weekend. I'll let everyone know the diffences in drivng after the installation

can't wait to find out .....

I recently purchased the TRD muffler for my Runx and I have it to install this weekend. I'll let everyone know the diffences in drivng after the installation

can't wait to find out .....

dont hold ur breath Guni ...... wat no one has been able to answer is will one of these setups fit in a AUDM vehicle ..... reason being the muffler and exhaust design is totally different on a Jap spec Runx.

if memory serves me well im sure someone did get one and it didnt fit but yeah im not totally sure if it was the exhaust or sumfin else ..... now obviously u could just hack it all apart and make it fit on the right hand side but do u really wanna b hacking apart something that costs a pretty penny which to be honest i cant see giving massive gains.

JDM runx with exhaust on left hand side

runx_r1.jpg

As promised, I installed the TRD muffler on my Runx over the weekend and I must say that I have noticed a MUCH smoother acceleration especially from standstill.

Additionally, the noise level has not increased at all, although I can hear the muffler only when I initially start the car but during normal driving, I can't. In terms of the installation, it was pretty straightforward as it only took me 45 minutes. In terms of pricing, I would say I got it at a deal since our local dealer was having a TRD sale and I only paid US$300.00 :D

That's right Bill somebody took the plunge before & purchased a full cat back system from Japan.

I guess he only ended up using the muffler from it :)

pirate125 what sort of piping did you use?

Edited by TRDYUS

Can we get some pictures? =)

I'll take a few pictures and post them up shortly

That's right Bill somebody took the plunge before & purchased a full cat back system from Japan.

I guess he only ended up using the muffler from it :)

pirate125 what sort of piping did you use?

Well according to the TRD website, they say it's 60.5mm which would make it 2-3/8" and the piping material is stainless steel.

Edited by pirate125