Australian Aurion Presara SatNav

kel

Love the Aurion Presara - had one in Melbourne Australia for a year now but, gee, is the SatNav inferior or what? My brother in law and a few friends have spent a few hundred on stand alone GPS units that tell them where speed and traffic cameras are, school zones, speed limits on all roads as well as TMC data that gives them real time info on traffic congestion and road works. Most have 3D maps and one I saw yesterday even had a good ol aussie voice instead of the pompous English girl who doesnt even say the street names in my version 13 of the software.

Is there a way to upgrade this as I love the big screen? I know V 14 of the software is available for $350 but I could have bought a Mio through Catch of the Day yesterday for $299 which did all of the above that I suspect V14 of my software won't as V13 is supposed to do some of this stuff but not in my Presara.

Any information appreciated

Frustrated Kel

i would ***** the unit off all together and get one of the auspack units,pretty happy so far with mine,and you can put at least four different gps programs on,of which ive found the mio igo8 to be the best,,, i love it,,the interface is so useer friendly and its intuitive input too.

just my 2c

i would ***** the unit off all together and get one of the auspack units,pretty happy so far with mine,and you can put at least four different gps programs on,of which ive found the mio igo8 to be the best,,, i love it,,the interface is so useer friendly and its intuitive input too.

just my 2c

Shame the overall unit ain't so crash hot. Mine is left on the iGO8 screen pretty much all the time, so the isn't so bad that way. The unit is alright for its price though.

READ FORUM, FREE V14 FOR DOWNLOAD ON BT~~~~ <_<

but still, no poi for safety cam.. (it is included IN the disc, but toyota navi wont show)

This is the something that needs to be solved.. any idea of how? Or totally mission impossible?

READ FORUM, FREE V14 FOR DOWNLOAD ON BT~~~~ <_<

but still, no poi for safety cam.. (it is included IN the disc, but toyota navi wont show)

This is the something that needs to be solved.. any idea of how? Or totally mission impossible?

well, i think unless someone can crack it up, make some change to the software inside..

or, spend less than 1k, get the almighty auspak~~ recommended for lower than 1k, and from tat price onwards, you got a lottttt to choose from..

Okay guys, what's the famous auspack im reading about here - I'm ignorant. Oh, I spoke with the Fujitsuten people yesterday - they supply the hardware for the Aurion GPS and they admit it wont deliver all that extra info and that's it. I suggested they might go out of business if they didnt work out a way to upgrade the unit so it can read all that extra info on the Whereis disc....

cheers

still frustrated Kel

Edited by kel

Damn...

I should have grabbed the Mio from Catch Of The Day 2 days ago!!! <_< :(

there r still quite lot of choices out there~ nowadays these stuff are cheap as!!

i remember i bought my first navman, years ago? around $600??

now? you can get one under $250.. <_<

Okay guys, what's the famous auspack im reading about here - I'm ignorant. Oh, I spoke with the Fujitsuten people yesterday - they supply the hardware for the Aurion GPS and they admit it wont deliver all that extra info and that's it. I suggested they might go out of business if they didnt work out a way to upgrade the unit so it can read all that extra info on the Whereis disc....

cheers

still frustrated Kel

no point getting frustrated... famous auspack?? read the forum please <_<

just my 2c

Shame the overall unit ain't so crash hot. Mine is left on the iGO8 screen pretty much all the time, so the isn't so bad that way. The unit is alright for its price though.

Which version of iGO8 you are using? I am using Windows CE 5.0, it keeps saying cannot load loading.bmp in folder 400x320. I checked data.zip and the file is there. Or is IGO8 ver 8.0.0.44366 too new and I need to use some older ones?

just my 2c

Which version of iGO8 you are using? I am using Windows CE 5.0, it keeps saying cannot load loading.bmp in folder 400x320. I checked data.zip and the file is there. Or is IGO8 ver 8.0.0.44366 too new and I need to use some older ones?

check this out ,, its alll in there, http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...15546&st=50 you need to change some folders to get it to work ,just follow the instructions and itll all come good.

cheers

still frustrated Kel

http://members.optusnet.com.au/auspacks/productPage9.html

i hope this doesnt break the rules,, please remove if it does, but i'm pretty happy with mine and Rob at auspack will look after you.

... and Rob at auspack will look after you.

That's for sure. When I had issues with my unit, Rob got into contact with the manufacturer to help me resolve my problem. He then gave me step by step instructions on how to get my unit up and running again. Excellent customer service in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

just my 2c

check this out ,, its alll in there, http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...15546&st=50 you need to change some folders to get it to work ,just follow the instructions and itll all come good.

Thanks, I finally found out what is going on. In my DATA.ZIP /ui_iGO8, I only have these resolution folders: 480_272 and 320_240

Now this unit is running at 480x234, when I rename 480_272 to 480_234, the lower part of the screen is missing. If I rename 320x240 to 480x234, the software is working, but the output is squeezed to 2/3 of the screen.

Now downloading the correct resolution definition from the link and it should work this time.

Thanks

Edited by Kmg