Camry 93 vienta wagon performance boost

mitchell caines

Hey guys.

I recently purchased a 93 vienta station wagon and was wondering what i could do (or get the mechanic to do)

to make the thing run smoother. I'm not looking to stick a turbo charger into it or put a 9" muffler tip on it, just

to make it run better overall.

It's an auto (4 speed)

Any suggestions at all welcome, thanks very much

extractors lets the exhaust gases escape the exhaust manifold easier, by having it run down a separate pipe per cylinder and flowed into one pipe instead of all cylinders trying to push all the gases out into one pipe all at once. i think its the 4th stroke of the motor which does this and if the motor has less trouble pushing these gases out it will be more efficient and sometimes it increases performance (this was a very quick basic def. please correct when u find something false).

A CAI is a cold air intake, it replaces your standard air filter with an after market filter (usually pod filter), but instead of it sitting where the old one was getting hot air, it is strategically placed in a spot where it gets cold(er) air and feeds the cooler air to the motor.... colder air can be compressed more, which means more air can get into the cylinder, which means bigger bang when fuel ignites.

the exhaust will just further help out the extractors and you will get a nice deep sound (not the sound that comes from those Hyundai's with the fat cannons. a more taste full sporty sound)

My best mod for making it work better...

Proper service... 98 octane fuel... injector cleaner (goes into fuel tank), engine treatment (goes into engine) and when the fuel's used, go for a tank of 98 again with Nulon Total System cleaner.

It might be a tad shaky for the first few days (prob removing carbon deposits outta the engine and burning em off) but she'll run sweet as a nut after that.

The larger exhaust helps it feel less "Restrictive" in a way too.

Dude,

CAI won't get you much gain, if any at all... only because I've done it on my car itself. I have some flex pipe going from the bottom bar, to the airbox, with a K&N Panel Filter, yet it doesn't make any difference... nothing noticeable anyway. I know lots of lads that have done this with their Camrys... the only advantages are: not having to replace the filter again & the "sucking" noise that you get when you plant ya foot mate!

If you're looking for smoothness, treat the car well, service the car and add some engine treatment to the engine oil (done at the same time as the service) and run 98 octane for a few tanks with a total system cleaner from Nulon.

A set of Hurricane or Wildcat extractors wouldn't hurt... and maybe an upgraded exhaust, but that's the most gain you'll get, unless you do port and polish (best bang for your buck)... looking around 700-1k bucks, but may add an extra 20 or so kw on average.

The other way... custom supercharger or turbo :) I seen both :P Looks awesome.

• 1 month later...
Dude,

CAI won't get you much gain, if any at all... only because I've done it on my car itself. I have some flex pipe going from the bottom bar, to the airbox, with a K&N Panel Filter, yet it doesn't make any difference... nothing noticeable anyway. I know lots of lads that have done this with their Camrys... the only advantages are: not having to replace the filter again & the "sucking" noise that you get when you plant ya foot mate!

If you're looking for smoothness, treat the car well, service the car and add some engine treatment to the engine oil (done at the same time as the service) and run 98 octane for a few tanks with a total system cleaner from Nulon.

yup, if you really wanted to, just get a k&n panel filter to fit your factory airbox, but cai's dont do anything for the expense, i really, really wouldnt wanna spend $$$ on that.

ive got a k&n panel filter in my factory box (mainly cuz i needed to use a 40%off autobarn voucher HEHE) and difference? NOTHING. i dont care what k&n says, the only difference is me never needing to replace it, though u still need to clean it and oil it.

just service your car with the best oil and oil filter. for oil filter, i'd recommend pulolator pure one or premium plus oil filters, k&n oil filters or biltz oil filters. DONT BUY CHEAP OIL FILTERS like ryco and cooper. an exhaust would be aite.

save the money on your next ride where more difference can be made i reckon.