AURION SX6 go fast parts!!

Mickie

Howdy everyone... Just got an SX6 2007 model and looking for aftermarket exhaust systems etc and can't find anyone who does aything with them yet....anyone help me with contact details etc it would be appreciated... Mick

Mick, were all searching buddy.

There's some intake mods listed in the Air Intake Mods thread. So far I THINK we have decided that a K&N drop in filter is the better option out at the moment.

There's no direct bolt on exhausts that I know of, unless you buy them from USA but thats too expensive. You can easily buy a universal muffler (at or under 16"x11"x6") and get your local exhaust shop to slap on some tips and either make up the 6" of pipe in the inlet, or cut the stock muffler off and weld the new one on. There's a few threads re: exhausts, including Varex's on here, just browse the forum topics. The stock exhaust system has a flange then a small bend and then into the muffler so we are lucky in that we only have to get that small section made up. PIc below shows what Im talking about.

AurionSept08043.jpg

No ones tried to tune it yet.....would be interesting to see.

Edited by apg39

Howdy everyone... Just got an SX6 2007 model and looking for aftermarket exhaust systems etc and can't find anyone who does aything with them yet....anyone help me with contact details etc it would be appreciated... Mick

cheers mate. Am browsing the threads at the moment so hopefulyl will get some ideas...i see that king springs are the go and leave the rest unless you have a bottomless wallet...intake i figured a k&N but wasn't sure....

if you get anymore info let me know...thanks again for your help....

i got a dual system and i love it...where abouts are u from 1st of all

i got a dual system and i love it...where abouts are u from 1st of all

i am in toowong, brisbane.....

mickie:

esexsix, trd aurion owner and myself all have very similar exhausts...

i live in taringa, so if you'd like to hear what i have, drop me a PM and we'll meet up...

the place that did all three of our cars is call PIPEWERX (or something like that) in macgregor/mt gravatt area... very reasonably priced...

but in saying that, ANY exhaust shop can do what we've done... its just that we all went to that guy because he has worked on aurions before... :)

the first one he did was a TRD from next door's northfield car and sound... (i believe... it could have been esexsix.)

in terms of "intake mods" you basically have 3 'off the shelf' options...

1) fujita intake system from the states

2) K&N Short ram intake from the states

3) K&N drop in replacement air filter panel from the states...

there is NOTHING local here in australia yet (could be wrong, but i havent found anything yet)... business' can bring these items in for you, but ultimately it works out cheaper to buy direct from the US...

alternatively, you can get a custom one made up for you like i am doing... we're still modifying it so the maf doesnt throw an error, but it should be done soon... :)

What the guys said is spot on....I think best you can do is change your mufflers and buy the K&N drop in filter if you want to keep your warranty....

I love this little game we have here on the forums, all of us bit by bit changing our cars, pooling our research, testing various methods...really keeps things interesting.

BTW, I'm working on a new project for my Aurion. Won't tell you guys about it yet, but once it's done I'll post pics. I'm sure there will be a few of you interested to follow suit! ;)

I love this little game we have here on the forums, all of us bit by bit changing our cars, pooling our research, testing various methods...really keeps things interesting.

Yeah its good, I reckon in a years time we will have modifying the Aurion down pat, know what to do and what not to do. I originally bought the Aurion for many reasons but one was a promise to the Missus that I wont waste $$ modifying it....mainly because there wasn't anything out to modify with. That ideas out the door now.

Its also funny when one of us has a good idea, but we dont want to share it until we've done it. That way we are the original modder and no one beats us to it.

BTW, I'm working on a new project for my Aurion. Won't tell you guys about it yet, but once it's done I'll post pics. I'm sure there will be a few of you interested to follow suit! ;)

Just like that ;) :D

Any hints? at least what part of the car it is modifying?

I originally bought the Aurion for many reasons but one was a promise to the Missus that I wont waste $$ modifying it....mainly because there wasn't anything out to modify with. That ideas out the door now.

Exactly the same here. I think you will find that a lot of us that are changing parts on our ones had the original idea of not touching theirs as well. It's definitlely hard not to do anymore.

As for the future of mine... I think I am done with the outside... time to step to the inside. Let's just say that I get really bored at TAFE and have a ton of time to draw stuff up. I am now working on the electronics side of my SX6.

and yea, forget about warranty if u touch the air intake. Long story short, sent my car back to toyota, assessed, warranty is goner. And bcoz of aftermarket alarm and audio/navi, the dash kit for recall, i have to PAY for it...

so, guys, as Darius said before, it is a risk you have to take?

taking into consideration of opportunity cost for having lotsa fun?

i am in toowong, brisbane.....

You should head out to the meets on Thursday night. LOL. One by one, each Aurion there is being modified slightly.

I'd love to check out the cars...

Oh wait... too far to drive. Perth sux :lol:

Cheers Secaboy.....pretty much decided to stick with a k&n drop in filter and opening up the stcok intake box a bit more.....car is a lease so for the next 2 years i am stuck with only being able to do small amounts to it......after having a long chat to a toyota tech you can't do anything to the car bar cosmetic changes becaus of the warranty...only way around it is to find a ultra tune or somewhere who will "honour the warranty" etc...

So pretty much anything i do i have to have it changed back to stock for everytime it visits the toyota service guys, or find a crooked mechanic....

:(

might catch up one cruise night once the kids and mrs have gone to bed.... let me know if theres anything happening...

cheers,

Mick

Edited by Mickie