whiteline rear sway bar

rolla

Hey.. can anyone with a whiteline rear sway bar tell me whats meant to come in the box?

I got one delivered from Brisbane on Friday and the courier delivered me an empty box with a hole in it.. :angry:

I went to their depot on friday arvo and they found a long silver bar and today i got another call saying they found a few more silver bars with yellow ends..

anyway, just wondering if i'm missing anything else??

thanks!

Hey.. can anyone with a whiteline rear sway bar tell me whats meant to come in the box?

I got one delivered from Brisbane on Friday and the courier delivered me an empty box with a hole in it.. :angry:

I went to their depot on friday arvo and they found a long silver bar and today i got another call saying they found a few more silver bars with yellow ends..

anyway, just wondering if i'm missing anything else??

thanks!

All that came with mine was the actual bar. I dont think there is anything else that you need. There were no rubbers or anything like that, and the stock one didnt have any.

maybe i shouldn't go pick it up then..

hopefully their sways bars are better quality than their cardboard boxes.. if peoples crap keeps falling out

I can certainly vouch for the quality of the bars mate, they will improve your handling a heap.

Maybe when you go down there there was supposed to be a couple of bars and some other stuff in the box eh? Nudge Nudge ;)

well the box it came in was HUGE compared to the actual sway bar.. the sway bar is only a few cm wide and the box was over half a meter wide..so maybe there was some other stuff in there..i guess ill find out soon

The box mine came in was good enough to hold in within the box. And yes, the box is oversized, they would just order bulk boxes of certain dimensions and use what ever is closest to the required size.

No need to claim the extra bits as you have no use for them and what will the other poor fella do when he is missing is a $5 bush? It's just a metal bar, about 1m long with 2 small bits of pipe welded to the ends. It might come with a piece of paper going on about warranty or something similar.

hopefully their sways bars are better quality than their cardboard boxes.. if peoples crap keeps falling out

I can certainly vouch for the quality of the bars mate, they will improve your handling a heap.

Maybe when you go down there there was supposed to be a couple of bars and some other stuff in the box eh? Nudge Nudge ;)

Yeah, real good quality, so good that my whiteline rear sway snapped in half the other day just going 2k/ph up my drive way.lol Got it replaced free of charge though :D But yes it does make a big difference in handling.

Yeah, real good quality, so good that my whiteline rear sway snapped in half the other day just going 2k/ph up my drive way.lol Got it replaced free of charge though :D But yes it does make a big difference in handling.

Hmm... sounds like you got a dodgey one. Good that they sorted it out by replacing it, they are not so lenient with there warranty on springs though.

BTW, are they hollow inside or solid ?

Love to know what some you blokes do with your cars to make a sway bar snap LOL

I had one on my Sportivo for ages and had to manouvre my own driveway at a pretty big angle as JC/ northy could vouch for as well as the car park my wife used to park the car in every single work day and it never looked like failing.

All the whiteline sways now come in a plastic bag with the bar wrapped in light foam. If they still come in a box it's more than likely that is old stock from somewhere. that last few I have bought over the last prolly 6 months or so have all been in the plastic bag as yours was JC.

Well the first one that i bought came in a sealed whiteline plastic bag (whiteline logo and all) but with no foam, while the 2nd one came in the same wrapping but this time it did have foam at both ends of the bar.

The funny thing is, that i did push the car to its limits (the back end slid out.lol,thats fun with a fwd, loose traction and then all of a sudden the front tyres just grip) anyway, and nothing happend, like the bar was fine for a another month, and then just a simple thing as going up the drive caused it to snap.

I assume that the previous driving weakened the bar and it was only a matter of time before it gave way anyhow.