Crunching 2nd, 3rd Sportivo

Hey everyone.. i no this was covered yesterday but i wanted to ask if i heighten the friction point on the clutch and make it grab more, would it prevent it from (crunching/not going in gear) instead of changing like a granny and dropping to 5700rpm and out of lift.. I use to be able to get seconds like no tomorrow at 6500rpm with ease.. so if i change the friction point would this help? or do i have to get a new clutch. (p.s i dont have warranty with Toyota)

Forget about trying to stay in the high cam range when shifting from 1st to 2nd. Shift at 7,800 odd, the torque curve will push you back up quicker when you hit 2nd @ 5,700 / 5,800. In short, you'll be going faster by shifting that way, compared to a nooby-titty-booby who is trying to land lift in second all the time. The way the ratios are, if you can't keep in the high cam range when shifting from 2nd to 3rd, then you just need to practice more.

ur best option for keeping u in lift is 2 simply extend the lift range ...... under n/a conditions 5700 - 8400 seems to do it just fine ...... u can have a coffee in between shifts n still land lift without stressing everything ...... oh and the solution is a power FC ;) ;) ;)

just like how mine is currently running from 5400 to 8400, you can land lift while making coffee.

mmmmm thats right ..... managed 2 get urs tuned to lower didnt we ....... excellent ..... 3K rpms of lift goodness .....

thanks heaps guys.. i appreciate it heaps.. i would probably get a new clutch soon as suggested.. i looked at some power fc's but i got quoted 2 g for tuned n all and hahaha i make 200 bucks a week so doubt it..

Before I sold mine the only thing that wasn't stock on it was the suspension package. Clutch was stock, never crunched once I got the hang of it. From this I came to the conclusion that a heavier clutch was a waste of money, given that it was just a daily commuter to me (that was also pokey).