Why buy a Corolla Sportivo?

Is the Sportivo a slug around town and normal driving?

Do i HAVE to rev past 3,000rpm to get enough power to move around? (Because of it's lack of torque down low?)

it is a high reving car and all cars i think should be made like this, you drive it hard because it is built to do so, hard driving=fun/performance; normal=classy/small sports, the car was designed to sit above 3k revs (not all of the time) its hard to get used to coming from a normal revving 1.6 to this (a fair bit of stalling in the begininng) but you'll find that 5 -6 k is like i feel 3-4 in a normal non vvtli engine just my opinion

hey d you put an order in yet??

:lol::lol: No you dont, it's a normal car man. If you rev past 3, you more than move around, and wen you get to 6000, you basically explode and all hell breaks loose. Thats why this car is soo practical in my opinion, it's got normal manners for everyday use and low fuel consumption, or it can make you feel like youre a racecar driver if you want to drive it hard. And let me tell you people get a big surprise :D . If you want heaps of pulling power down low, then get a boring typical v8 or turbo, but if you want explosive in your face F1 sounds and revs, get a 2zz-ge powered machine.

Yep! i've placed my order for a black one. :) Hard to maintain, but i don't care, coz i've always wanted a black car. :P

So it would be just the same as my Levin driving around? But i've actually got the option of going faster above 6k. Whilst the Levin doesn't go above 6.5k.

Anyone planning to use forced induction?

INFLUX: Where did you get those rims? Do they come in white? How much? 17"?

Is the Sportivo a slug around town and normal driving?

Do i HAVE to rev past 3,000rpm to get enough power to move around? (Because of it's lack of torque down low?)

Hell no, it's great around town, you've just got to be a bit mindful of gear selection.

Having the 6 gears (and a fairly low 6th at that) forced me to un-learn all the "nice" gear speeds I've learnt over the last 5 years. The result is that I tend to shift more than I used to, and I sometimes get it wrong, but if you can get over that then it's fine.

You don't *have* to rev over 3k, it's just more fun when you do :)

If you're stuck in traffic, rev low and spare the fuel.

- Matthew

PS: Damn dirty Sydney rain on my beautiful black paint.. I've given up cleaning it until this current bout of rain passes .. and it's really tempting to supercharge it.. maybe in a couple of years when I'm not still paying it off and I'm over 25 so it's remotely possible I'll be able to insure it.

Does anyone have any concerns about South African quality?

Yes Dude! but what can we do.

It would be better if it is manufactured in Japan.

I buy this Car is because its a good package for $25000 only

And I love imported Toyotas but too bad its from SA.

Im not expecting much for only $25000 Drive away.

Richie

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have any concerns about South African quality?

Overseas quality - a myth when it comes to Toyota's global quality systems.

Toyota quality systems are the same for every manufacturer world wide. Australia, Thailand, South Africa, Canada, North America, Japan etc. They have the same quality systems & quality targets to meet.

Eventually, like everything in life, it takes a while to get certain things up to speed. I am not exactly sure how long Toyota has had a presence in SA; if its recent then I am sure they have many manufacturing issues to overcome. But the quality targets will still be the same.

The company I work for does work for SA manufacturers - VW, Ford & General Motors Delta. Very similar working culture to that in Oz here.

Anyways just my 0.2cents

:)

Let's hope they get things 'up to speed' very soon.

Hopefully they'll get enough complaints about all these things and they'll do a recall and actually fix them all. :angry: