Bodykit for 2005 camry altise

Normandy

Hi everyone.

I wonder whether i can buy a sportivo bodykit for my altise :ph34r: since i really like the bodykit of sportivo and when I bought my car there was no good sportivos to buy. Anyone knows that please share your information. Thank you very much! :rolleyes:

Hi everyone.

I wonder whether i can buy a sportivo bodykit for my altise :ph34r: since i really like the bodykit of sportivo and when I bought my car there was no good sportivos to buy. Anyone knows that please share your information. Thank you very much! :rolleyes:

there are 2 body kits available for the a/mcv36r camrys, one for the 2002-september 2004 model, and then from september 2004 - 2006 model. theyre both different shapes. currently, there is only one body kit for the acv40r's. possibly another one when they release the acv40r upgrade series next year.

you would be able to buy the bodykit from a dealer if theyre willing to sell you the whole box and dice, which sometimes theyre not with parts for a car you dont have. however, it would cost you an arm and a leg from toyota.

my best suggestion would be to source miscellaneous parts from toyota wreckers throughout melbourne and find as much as you can and then have them sprayed to the colour of your car. whatever you cant find, buy that from the dealer.

you should be able to find all the parts you need, except for the clips, pins and screws which you may have to get from toyota.

after all that, getting parts from the wreckers and then have them sprayed would work out cheaper than getting it straight from a dealer. it would still be an expensive exercise, however.

Edited by lateralus

:help: what is the difference between a/mcv36r Camry's again?

my dad drives a 2005 model V6 Ateva and i noticed some have different tail lights.. what other differences are there?

i was told Camry's came in 4 and 6cyl. aswell.. how does one determine which is which from the outside

cheers

The body kits are still avaliable, but are in no way cheap.

best bet is Pacific Toyota as they ussually have the goods.

http://www.pacifictoyota.com.au/p_acc_camry_36.htm

Just remeber to buy the right one as there's two different types to match the dfferent stock bumpers.

The only other changes between the series are updated headlights and tail lights and a few interior changes like colour ect.

The best way to tell if it's an I4 or a V6 is the badging.

:help: what is the difference between a/mcv36r Camry's again?

my dad drives a 2005 model V6 Ateva and i noticed some have different tail lights.. what other differences are there?

i was told Camry's came in 4 and 6cyl. aswell.. how does one determine which is which from the outside

cheers

acv36r is the 4 banger, whereas mcv36r is the 6. badging is the only way to tell from a distance, unless you look at the rego sticker where you can tell by the first few letters of the VIN

as RelishGTP said, the only changes between the first and second series is a couple of cosmetic things, such as head/taillight, interior trim colours, steering wheels, alloys and bodykits.

Yeah, you wont get the kit quoted there at Pacific Toyota as its sold out and no longer made. Its part of the aftermarket Sportivo range (Ones that didn’t actually come on the Sportivo) the two side skirts are the same, but it has a lip that goes right around the back, and is a little more aggressive looking at the front.

Your best bet would be the wreckers, as Toyota would charge an absolute an arm and a leg for one, but they most likely won't sell it to you anyway.

Here is a pic to show you the difference in the front of the kit (Only for 02-04 models)

acdemo.jpg

Edited by mbruce

guys thanks for the replies.. so the Camry my dad drives is the mcv36r..

until which years did the cosmetic changes occur? is there a name to distinguish the different models i.e with the rollas pre-facelift and facelift titles..

apologies for hijacking the thread :blink:

guys thanks for the replies.. so the Camry my dad drives is the mcv36r..

until which years did the cosmetic changes occur? is there a name to distinguish the different models i.e with the rollas pre-facelift and facelift titles..

apologies for hijacking the thread :blink:

the technical name for it was "MK II" or "upgrade" for the camrys that were built sep 2004 onwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Well good luck on finding a genuine kit!

talks about getting out there and source parts from wreckers would be ideal.

Sometimes spending all that money, it might be better grabbing a whole sportivo from the market.

There are quite alot out there. also for that money, you would get the sportivo extras.

Cause buying a genuine brand new kit/fitted would probably cost more

Or even sourcing parts from the wreckers and fixing the kit (if there are scratches/damages) and then spraying them, etc would cost more as well.

I'd say in the case of keeping your car and looking for a body kit, just get an aftermarket lip kit.

Are you in Sydney by any chance?

topstage has the kit for camry 05. Just go to topstage.com and take a look under toyota ---> camry

from my last visit, the company just bought a new machine for making body parts, much much more smooth, MUCH MUCH more pro and better than the old way..

When i saw the cf hood that they made, there is definitely a different under the sun