Spark Plugs

This is a quick one.. i've just been looking around at some small things i can get whilst my car is getting fixed after some ******* decided to smash into me and i stumbled across a link for silver spark plugs :D

and since we all know that silver has a great level of conductivity,, wouldnt it be a great idea to change u'r plugs to silver just a question.. where can i find silver sparkies and will they fit..

thanks in advance

Greg ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silverstone™:

STOP...

playing around with spark plugs that feature fine wire electrodes, iridium electrodes, split electrodes, ring electrodes, multiple electrodes, platinum electrodes, copper electrodes, or gold electrodes, and get serious with silver electrodes! Silver is the best electrical and thermal conductor of any metal. This makes Silverstone™ the best spark plugs in the world. Period!

Silver Center Electrode

Up To 137% More Spark Power

Increased Horsepower

Cleaner Combustion

Long Lasting

Race Proven Design

Top Quality Materials

Silverstone spark plugs are especially designed for the unique demands of modern high-performance engines. Silver is the best electrical and thermal conductor of all metals, which makes it the ultimate material for a spark plug's center electrode. The large diameter silver center electrode of Silverstone spark plugs increases spark carrying ability and spark power by as much as 137%. Silver is extremely resistant to erosion, guaranteeing a virtually unchanged electrode gap for the life of the spark plug. Silverstone spark plugs are designed without a suppressor resistor, perfect for performance enthusiasts who demand the most from their engines. For racing or dependability and efficiency for everyday use, Silverstone spark plugs deliver the most powerful spark.

Properties of Materials

Material

Thermal

Conductivity (A)

W/(m•K)

Electrical

Conductivity (B)

MS/m

Silver

a. 407

b. 66

Copper

a. 384

b. 57

Gold

a. 310

b. 45

Iridium

a. 147

b. 18

Platinum

a. 70

b. 10

Nickel

a. 59

b. 10

:)

It's true, silver gives u less resistance, but it can oxydate (is that how u spell it). Gold will not cause oxydation, that's the only reason to use gold, to prevent oxydation.

This is a bit of a side track, but, there is this silver core speaker cable that cost 200 dollars per cm because this particular cable gives u 0 resistance and will not causes oxydation. OMG...

Man you have got a lot of spare time on your hands!!!

Have done dyno tests back to back using NGK platinums then changing to Iridiums on a Formula Vee race car. Resulted in a gain of about 2 hp and a nice increase in torque relative to the fact that there was a better spark to ignite the fuel and thus at low speed and lighter throttle a better burn creating more power.

Mixtures went as lean as so we were able to go up about 2 sizes in main jet and adjusted air correctors etc and picked up another 2 hp! Doesn't sound like much but when you have a controlled formula and your car develops 60 hp at the wheels then this is a sizeable gain!!!

The verdict is in,, after extensive research on this topic it seems that sticking with iridium plugs is the way to go.. actuall testing will occur in about a month.. need my car to start with.. Denso iridium power plugs will be used and if i can get my hands on a set of silver constructed and gold constructed plugs will also be put to the test..

i will report my findings later down the track..

to my knowledge no one has looked at changing there sparkies so i thought i'd give it a go.. if anyone knows anymore about this issue feel free to PM me your thoughts or suggestions..

thanks

Greg