Side curtain airbag noise

notfromthere

I am just curious if anyone may have come accross a sort of tapping sound that comes from the front drivers side airbag when doing between 60-80km/h?

I have looked under the car for anything that may be hooked up, checked the tyres for stones all to no avail. The noise isn't too loud but can be heard by the passenger and it disappears once the window is lowered.

Any ideas?

I am just curious if anyone may have come accross a sort of tapping sound that comes from the front drivers side airbag when doing between 60-80km/h?

I have looked under the car for anything that may be hooked up, checked the tyres for stones all to no avail. The noise isn't too loud but can be heard by the passenger and it disappears once the window is lowered.

Any ideas?

If the noise goes away when you put window down, does that not suggest the rattle is in the door? If it is in the dash, ask passenger to put pressure on top of dash to see if that deadens sound.

You sure the noise isn't coming from under the dash? That's a common fault.
If the noise goes away when you put window down, does that not suggest the rattle is in the door? If it is in the dash, ask passenger to put pressure on top of dash to see if that deadens sound.

Thanks for all the suggestions. It's definately not in the dash however since i posted this topic i have now noticed a completely different noise coming from the fan vents. As usual the noise disappears when inspected by the dealer. Noise comes and goes when i press the airbag cover as well, weird. Now I have a rattle once the aircon is on a high fan speed, 2 different sounding noises, lucky the stereo cancels out the rattling sounds once they become annoying.

the aircon rattle is a common issue for some people... do a search on these forums, its been covered a few times..

not sure on the airbag issue though...

but if the noise disappears when the airbag is pressed against, then i would definitely take it back to toyota... if there is something faulty with the airbag, i wouldnt want to let it stay faulty just in case you have an accident... but thats just me... :)

the aircon rattle is a common issue for some people... do a search on these forums, its been covered a few times..

not sure on the airbag issue though...

but if the noise disappears when the airbag is pressed against, then i would definitely take it back to toyota... if there is something faulty with the airbag, i wouldnt want to let it stay faulty just in case you have an accident... but thats just me... :)

True , it's going in for it's 7500km service this week so i'll see what they come up with, cheers.