3SGTE oil dipstick problem...

zerns

Hi everyone...i recently imported a caldina gt-t...i am extremely happy with it however there is a small problem of which im not sure how to fix. Upon driving it for the first time i pulled up at a set of lights and found smoke rising out of the bonnet scoop and the smell of burning oil... after examining the engine bay for a while i discovered the oil dipstick seemed loose...so i undid the bolt on the bracket holding it and it just fell over...it wasnt even in the engine block! Hence the oil spurting out over the exhaust and smoking.

Now the engine bay is extremely tight and i cant see a thing in that area and having never worked on this engine before i am wondering if its a simple tap oil dipstick shaft back into the engine block kinda job or a little more complicated than that? I cant see where the hole is in the engine block and am thinking i may have to take off the top mount intercooler and exhaust heatshield to get a better look but even that might not help im not sure...can anyone help? cheers :)

g'day mate, not sure there are many ppl on this forum who know about the 3S-GTE.

The experts on these engines are Neal Bates Automotive in Canberra. Give them a call, they would know straight away how the dipstick fits into the block.