GROSS!!!!

BONDEE

I must say I like the colour, but personally wouldn't buy it only because it does seem similar to one of the Holden/Ford offerings. As well, with the size and shape of the Aurion, I wouldn't want anyone thinking it's a "commonwhore".

what is the purpose of releasing aurion is a new colour?? attract more buyer OR pulling customer from holden commo?

If that's the reason, i think there are more ways to do so, like... offer more free service or free upgrade and stuff... New colour??? huh :blink:

what is the purpose of releasing aurion is a new colour?? attract more buyer OR pulling customer from holden commo?

If that's the reason, i think there are more ways to do so, like... offer more free service or free upgrade and stuff... New colour??? huh :blink:

i'm sure i speak for a lot of people when i say that my eye is drawn to a car by the colour above a lot of other things, and probably not free service stickers on the windscreen

who knows what their motive was, but i think it's going to work.

It makes sense to progressively release colours onto the market. At launch, if you give the customer too many colour options, it becomes very expensive for the factory to provide all those options, especially if some colours are going to be low-volume sellers. But if you release a base group which will sell well, you can then determine if an extra colour is worth it and release it mid-life (or at a facelift). The risk you run is if you market it as a premium colour for up-market or special models, then everyone gets a hold of it and puts it on base models, destroying any sense of premium or exclusiveness.

Holden Tiger Orange and Phantom Purple, I'm looking at you

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Dun think that's the reason... maybe the sole purpose is just to add another variety? After all, it does look good..

Sort of on topic but off topic at the same time... When i went in to buy my car a week or 2 ago, i was told that metallic colours were $300 extra. On hearing this, i questioned what colours were available that were not metallic... the salesman just shrugged and said... "white... thats it."

30 mins later when i stopped laughing about the fact that white was the only non-metallic colour, i asked him why even bother. $300 on a $30,000 vehicle is not a lot to just say to people, thats what the price is, metallic or not.

Needless to say, i ordered the white one!

I am guessing Reef is another metallic colour ? It's not a pretty colour in the photo... real life... ewww, now imagine it as a non-metallic colour :) think they would sell any then ?

I guess with all colours regardless of the car, it is going to be a mixed bag. Some like it, some don't. Just look at the thread 'Green Aurion SX6'. As for the Reef, it definitely does look different in person. I drive by a Toyota dealer every day for work and there is one parked outside. When I pass it in the morning, the sun is on it and it looks quite nice, then in the afternoon, it is in the shade and looks even better. I like the colour. Though personally, it reminds me too much of a Commodore colour, and being in the large car territory, I wouldn't want anyone to mistake it for a Holden.

Well it's the same as the Aurora Gold which the Aurion first came out in (The flagship model colour). Which is what colour mine is, people say it looks a bit odd in photos but in real life i've had a few thumbs up and a few thumbs down so to speak. Considering the BA Falcon's came out in a similar goldish colour someone asked if it was a BA Falcon at first glance, to which I directed them to the Toyota emblem. :P

Honestly I don't mind that colour, I have seen it on the showroom floor and it's pretty good. But its each to their own, some people have different tastes than others. As for the metalic paint costing an extra $300, if you're spending $40,000+ on a car, you might aswell spend an extra $300.