ZRE HEADLIGHT LENS

My headlight lenses which are plastic like most new cars have turned blue and look misty. Hard to descibe but like brass that is tarnished..Both of them and it looks like its through the plastic.Showed Toyota at my first service and he told me we have never seen this before.They used windex and a bit came off but is back again.. I would expect this from Taiwanese replacement lenses but not Toyota.I havent seen another one like it yet so anyone else have this? Windex isnt the answer so should Toyota replace them? Try and get a photo up to show you soon.. Not happy Toyota :angry:

I believe Toyota uses Denso ballasts and bulbs for their OEM HIDs, correct me of I'm wrong.

So instead of buying the cheap ***** ebay HID kits, we should be aiming for Denso right?

If i can find where they are i'll have a look but i would say Denso as well..

Heres a couple of pics of my lenses.. What to do?

post-9535-1227700397_thumb.jpg

post-9535-1227700419_thumb.jpg

Get them replaced.

Did you ever buff your headlights? Because I would take a wild guess that your UV coating on the outside is gone, hence the hazy look.

Anyways, if you can't get it replaced then buff it with some Autosol. Works like magic!

Get them replaced.

Did you ever buff your headlights? Because I would take a wild guess that your UV coating on the outside is gone, hence the hazy look.

Anyways, if you can't get it replaced then buff it with some Autosol. Works like magic!

Never buffed them,just wash the car as normal..Go see Toyota soon about it,also wouldnt autosol be a bit too abrasive for that kind of plastic? Ive only used it on metal.

Autosol works fine for restoring the plastic on headlamps. I've done it and so has another Corolla owner on this forum.. there's a thread on it somewhere. But yeah your top of the line Corolla should not come from factory doing that.. not that any car should do that from factory.

I;m pretty sure Meguairs do a special polish for clear plastics. Maybe that will do the trick, have a look on thier site

Yep it's called plasticX, similar to ScratchX but for plastics only.. Haven't heard any comments on the product though..

What do you wash your car with???

That could have something to do with it...

Finishing off a bottle of Polyglaze wash & wax car wash i used to use.. What you recommend?

Hey, I get that hazy crap on my lens too. I thought it was normal. It appears straight after I wash the car, and then fades away.

Mine stays there and just look blue..Guy at work had a ZRE rental car today and the lights were perfect,and Hertz use auto wash with huge rollers and rough brushes.Beats me :o

Hey, I get that hazy crap on my lens too. I thought it was normal. It appears straight after I wash the car, and then fades away.

Mine stays there and just look blue..Guy at work had a ZRE rental car today and the lights were perfect,and Hertz use auto wash with huge rollers and rough brushes.Beats me :o

My car is an ex Hertz rental, bought it with 26000 KMs. So far nothing wrong with the headlights. I just got HID kit installed also.

• 1 month later...

Finally went to Toyota today about my headlights,guy looked at them and compared them to another car then brought out the windex and just turned blue again and told him its useless but had to try and asked me all these questions about it but it felt more like an interrogation,not his fault.He booked it in for new headlights next week..Warranty manager didnt seem too keen though :( Hope it goes well............

Finally went to Toyota today about my headlights,guy looked at them and compared them to another car then brought out the windex and just turned blue again and told him its useless but had to try and asked me all these questions about it but it felt more like an interrogation,not his fault.He booked it in for new headlights next week..Warranty manager didnt seem too keen though :( Hope it goes well............

Make sure they replace them, that is warranty!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeeha, went to Toyota yesterday and installed my brand new lights.. Top job and they were very good about it,no dramas, and all under warranty. Again they said they have'nt seen this before..Even set correct level to accomodate the lowering so i dont get abused .. Hope these will be fine..........

Thanks Toyota :toast: