Is it worth it

hey guys just asked toyota at cannon camberwell today about adding to my warranty as it ends on Dec 1st

1410$ - 20% discount = $1128

that would give me another 3 years or 150,000km whichever first

this includes exact same as normal warranty as far as parts go etc

and

hire car if cant fix yours within 8 hours (aus wide)

free accomo if cant fix ya car and are over 200km from home (up to 300$ in whole period from what i read = gay

free towing oz wide (distance limit i guess)

is it worth it for piece of mind and continuing on my warranty ?

my car has the mods as listed in my members ride bit so lowered CAI headers muffler etc...obviously none of that is covered and would have to prove they caused something else to happen in order to not do warranty on other parts etc ?

opinions please

cheers

hey guys just asked toyota at cannon camberwell today about adding to my warranty as it ends on Dec 1st

1410$ - 20% discount = $1128

that would give me another 3 years or 150,000km whichever first

this includes exact same as normal warranty as far as parts go etc

and

hire car if cant fix yours within 8 hours (aus wide)

free accomo if cant fix ya car and are over 200km from home (up to 300$ in whole period from what i read = gay

free towing oz wide (distance limit i guess)

is it worth it for piece of mind and continuing on my warranty ?

my car has the mods as listed in my members ride bit so lowered CAI headers muffler etc...obviously none of that is covered and would have to prove they caused something else to happen in order to not do warranty on other parts etc ?

opinions please

cheers

I don't think you'd be spending anything upto 1k if something where to go wrong in the next 3 years anyway.

might be a nice thing 2 have ..... but 2 things ..... check 2 c wats covered becuz most "extra" warranty's aren't like the factory warranty and also like anything they will fight tooth and nail not to pay out on a claim so be prepared for that.

Added to this is the fact that they will probably do the cheapest dodgiest job bcuz its costing them money 2 have ur car in the shop vs now its not costing them a cent as they just invoice toyota

depends on your driving habits and maint habits but something may occur with no fault. may it be a crank bearing decides to give out or your wheel bearings lock up...its just good insurance for the unexpected. i have it myself on the rav4

i work for an insurance company who is the warranty administator for extended warranties for mitsu, holden, suzuki, ford, etc. but not toyota.

we used to do toyota until they started doing their own warranties around 2005, because among other reasons, we were paying a lot of claims and they were losing money because of it. since then, toyota have kept to themselves supporting their own manufacturer warranties. their extended warranties, however, are with the dealers themselves. as we all know, dealers are a bunch of shifty morons who won't want to pay your claim.

so check on that. if the warranty is with the dealer, then youll get a hard time. however, if the warranty is administered by a third party, or tmca themselves, then it might be worth it.

Check the service requirements too. The extended warranty we have requires that we go back to that dealer for servicing a bit of a pain in the backside as we have 3 dealers closer

hey guys.....yeah i read all your feedback and others etc...and i decided against it....basically because i had bugger all cash at teh moment

Rent

rego

insurance

all due in 2 week period lol.......if i was rich i would have bought it but like many said.....fineprint it prob covers bugger all....mods may make it fun if ever had big claim and also fingers crossed nothing major happens in next 3 years

Cheers for feedback guys

• 5 weeks later...
i personally wouldn't bother... another 3 years for apprentices to fiddle with ya car haha..

I agree with your comment, my Prado's engine blew up at 58,000k and requires a reco engine. Something strange happened while the 54k service was been carried out. Read my thread under 4x4 Prado Topic "58,000k engine blew"

Regards,

Maba

• 3 weeks later...

ive had apprentices work on my car.. lol i wasnt happy with the job.

they drew smiley faces on my service sticker on the windscreen. i should have taken a photo but i took it off already when the windscreen was replaced.

ive had apprentices work on my car.. lol i wasnt happy with the job.

they drew smiley faces on my service sticker on the windscreen. i should have taken a photo but i took it off already when the windscreen was replaced.

lol they did smilies?