Don't follow my footsteps

Cooley

:( Guys, when you replaceing the LEDs (or anything) to your parking light, BE CAREFUL ~~ :o

You have to be 200% sure that the bulb is TIGHT and sit well onto the holder :ph34r: .

I was trying to install the aftermarket LEDs to match my new HID, however, there was not enough room to work with (the right headlight), so I acceidentially left my bulb inside which I didn't make sure it's tight.

In order to get my bulb back, I need to take out the front grille, the front bumper together with the front spoiler, the right headlight unit. That took me heaps of time ~~!!! :angry: After getting my bulb back, I used some tape to tape it up. The hardest bit was to put the bumper back ~~!!! You need to make sure every screw and clip is at the right spot. I needed to ask a freind of mine to HELP :blink:

I'd thought of other way to get it back, but it was REALLY the ONLY solution for me~~

Guys, just never and ever left your bulb inside the headlight unit, that's PAINFUL~~ :ph34r: Just take my experience ` :huh:

I really need to say thank you to "Oz_Viking", if without the sevice manual that he posted the other day, I would have no idea how to take the bumper out ....thanks very much man.... :lol:

Edited by Cooley

I really need to say thank you to "Oz_Viking", if without the sevice manual that he posted the other day, I would have no idea how to take the bumper out ....thanks very much man.... :lol:

Thanks but it was nothing really, all I did was post the URL where I found it. Thanks should really go to the dude who is hosting it.

Edited by oz_viking

• 3 months later...

Doh! Same thing happened to me just yesterday. My parker LED fell off into the headlight while i try to put the socket back in - the new one was apparently slightly too big for the socket so didnt sit well.

Any of you guys have good ideas of fetching that little bugger out? I tried with a double side tape stuck to the end of the stick - but still could get it out.

Right now (coz i drove the car with the LED still inside ) the parker LED seems to be wedged in the pointy bottom corner of the headlight (the pointy part pointing to the grille).

I certainly dont wanna go thru what Cooley went thru.

ANy clues?

my one is still in there

hey xtiger can you take my one out for me?

please please please

hahahaha...i'd love to.

but, it's never happened to me, so i'd be guessing how to do it too.

just thinking about it....a coat hanger and some sticky sticky tape might work..yeah?

Cooley: which HID's did you get?