New member here ~~question for Aurion service

YOGIZZ

wouldn't it be nice to have a topic with service costs

so fellow members can check to see if they got ripped-off

:unsure: I just want compare the cost and different between dealer and other service centre. I didnt consider that too much, sorry~!~ :ph34r:

As for the tools needed, all you really need is a standard socket set and one of these:

Toyota Oil Filter Wrench

I bought a socket set and filter wrench, how about the lifting stuff? Which is better for lifting and DIY service: car ramps, ratchet jack stands, trolley jack? I know weight of Aurion is about 1600kg, so do we need 1000kg plus capacity one?

:whistling: Thanks a lot~~ :rolleyes:

To YOGIZZ above, I just use a trolley jack to lift the front of the car, then place some stands behind each front wheel in the designated positions.

Now at the beginning, I said I would post the end cost of my service. So got my car back earlier (ahh, nothing beats the feeling of a freshly serviced car), and the total for my 45,000km service was $239.90. Car was serviced exactly as was listed in the service log book. As mentioned, my own oil was supplied so you need to factor this in.

servicesn0.th.jpg

The cost breakdown of this before GST is:

Labour - $140.00

Oil Filter - $18.19

Air Filter - $39.86

Sump plug gasket - $1.75

Windscreen washer additive - $1.80

Workshop supplies - $14.00

Environmental levy - $2.50

I must say, I am highly satisfied with the service from Southside Toyota Wooloongabba. Last place I had my car serviced was Sci-Fleet Toyota Taringa and I was not satisfied with their service. Southside Toyota charges slightly more on the supplies, but with their service, I'm not too fussed. As well, Southside Toyota actually adjusted my foot brake.

I'm not sure about how it should be, but when I got the car, when engaging the foot brake, I was able to push it all the way to just about the end without too much force. This left barely any gap between the foot brake itself and the foot rest. This remained exactly the same after Sci-Fleet serviced it, so I assumed this was fine. However, after Southside serviced it today, my foot brake is tight and I only need to push it in about 3 clicks before it provides enough stopping force. When it is engaged now, I can have my foot on the foot rest and the brake lever still sits above my foot. After getting used to how it was before, this just doesn't feel right though, but it sure locks the rear wheels better than before. Actually, the service manual states 7-10 clicks at 300N, so I'm tempted to back mine off a bit myself as I can't bothered bringing it in again. The 3 clicks is fine for me, but I don't know if this is 'healthy' or not.

Only bad thing I have to say about my service today was that my car came back dirtier than it was when I dropped it off. I expected my car to get slightly dusty after a service, but I still washed it before I took it in. Mainly because if the service centre was still doing the complementary car wash (which that now no longer do due to water restrictions), I didn't want them touching the surface of my car. I figured if it was clean, they will leave it. When I got it back, it looked like it went through a sprinkler or something because there were water spots in various places. Not too fussed though as I'll wash it tomorrow; just partially annoyed.

To YOGIZZ above, I just use a trolley jack to lift the front of the car, then place some stands behind each front wheel in the designated positions.

Now at the beginning, I said I would post the end cost of my service. So got my car back earlier (ahh, nothing beats the feeling of a freshly serviced car), and the total for my 45,000km service was $239.90. Car was serviced exactly as was listed in the service log book. As mentioned, my own oil was supplied so you need to factor this in.

servicesn0.th.jpg

The cost breakdown of this before GST is:

Labour - $140.00

Oil Filter - $18.19

Air Filter - $39.86

Sump plug gasket - $1.75

Windscreen washer additive - $1.80

Workshop supplies - $14.00

Environmental levy - $2.50

I must say, I am highly satisfied with the service from Southside Toyota Wooloongabba. Last place I had my car serviced was Sci-Fleet Toyota Taringa and I was not satisfied with their service. Southside Toyota charges slightly more on the supplies, but with their service, I'm not too fussed. As well, Southside Toyota actually adjusted my foot brake.

I'm not sure about how it should be, but when I got the car, when engaging the foot brake, I was able to push it all the way to just about the end without too much force. This left barely any gap between the foot brake itself and the foot rest. This remained exactly the same after Sci-Fleet serviced it, so I assumed this was fine. However, after Southside serviced it today, my foot brake is tight and I only need to push it in about 3 clicks before it provides enough stopping force. When it is engaged now, I can have my foot on the foot rest and the brake lever still sits above my foot. After getting used to how it was before, this just doesn't feel right though, but it sure locks the rear wheels better than before. Actually, the service manual states 7-10 clicks at 300N, so I'm tempted to back mine off a bit myself as I can't bothered bringing it in again. The 3 clicks is fine for me, but I don't know if this is 'healthy' or not.

Only bad thing I have to say about my service today was that my car came back dirtier than it was when I dropped it off. I expected my car to get slightly dusty after a service, but I still washed it before I took it in. Mainly because if the service centre was still doing the complementary car wash (which that now no longer do due to water restrictions), I didn't want them touching the surface of my car. I figured if it was clean, they will leave it. When I got it back, it looked like it went through a sprinkler or something because there were water spots in various places. Not too fussed though as I'll wash it tomorrow; just partially annoyed.

$239.90? :unsure: Its really great price for 45,000kms service, so I should call other dealer and quote a better price than $340. Good on your nice service and brake adjusting, :yahoo: I would like to ask them to serive brake as well.

Did you provide Fuchs Titan Super G70 10w30 to them? so they reduced the oil price in service cost.

Did you provide Fuchs Titan Super G70 10w30 to them? so they reduced the oil price in service cost.

Yup, brought in two bottles, one full, and half and told them that my own oil is on the passenger's side. When I got my car back, I had one empty bottle, and one partial bottle left on the passenger side floor. They gave me an empty bottle back for reassurance I guess which was nice (always useful for pouring old oil in), whereas Sci-Fleet just threw the bottle away.

All three cars in the family use the same oil for convenience so that there aren't multiple types of oil laying around. With the Fuchs costing $39.95 per 5L, it works out to be $7.99 per litre, and for a full fill on the Aurion, $47.95 (although initially expensive as you need to buy 2x 5L bottles). Not bad in my opinion. I'm not too sure what Toyota would charge, but e240 says Toyota's fully synthetic should only cost around $55, so even if you were to go for a fully synthetic from Toyota, you should be looking around $300 or less.

That guy could have saved a little mess by doing it the way he should have. Around the 1:00 mark, he removes the oil filter casing without first draining it. You can see the plastic attachment that he removes from the filter at the 2:50 mark. From the service manual:

1) Connect the hose with an inside diameter of 15 mm (0.59 in.) to the pipe.

2) Remove the oil filter drain plug from the oil filter cap.

3) Insert the pipe with the hose into the oil filter cap. NOTICE: Be sure to insert the pipe with the O-ring installed on the oil filter cap side. HINT: Place the hose end into a container before draining the oil from the hose.

4) Make sure that oil is completely drained, and remove the pipe and O-ring. HINT: Be sure to turn the pipe in the direction of the arrow to remove it.

DJKOR, could you tell me where can I buy the pipe and the hose? :blink:

If you watch the video then read the following quote, you will see the piece I'm talking about.

...You can see the plastic attachment that he removes from the filter at the 2:50 mark.

The plastic attachment comes WITH the filter, and you simply connect any hose to it that will fit. Garden hose would be one example.

If you watch the video then read the following quote, you will see the piece I'm talking about.

...You can see the plastic attachment that he removes from the filter at the 2:50 mark.

The plastic attachment comes WITH the filter, and you simply connect any hose to it that will fit. Garden hose would be one example.

Oops~~~I followed the instruction and replaced the engine oil and oil filter. The strange thing is that the old oil was only drained about 2lts and I filled about 6.2lt new oil. Does it mean there was only 2lt oil in the engine? What the oil capacity of Aurion( with filter)? If I overfilled oil, shoudl I drain some oil? :idea:

And I feel a lit bit shake when I stop and put the gear in N and D position, does it normal after replace oil?

Maybe some stupid question obove there, cos I am not good a mechanic. :unsure:

• 1 year later...

I know it's an old thred but it's interesting that i've recently been quoted on my 30,000km service and prices seemed to a have risen,a little more than inflation would suggest. :(

Nunawading Toyota $487

Chadstone Toyota $411

sourcing a 3rd quote but not confident on anything under $400.

any Aurion owners had a 30,000km service recently and if so how much did it cost?

Cheers

Lee

Edited by 1stKill

I know it's an old thred but it's interesting that i've recently been quoted on my 30,000km service and prices seemed to a have risen,a little more than inflation would suggest. :(

Nunawading Toyota $487

Chadstone Toyota $411

sourcing a 3rd quote but not confident on anything under $400.

any Aurion owners had a 30,000km service recently and if so how much did it cost?

Cheers

Lee

1stkill please listen to my advice and DON'T GO TO BOTH OF THEM. I have had shocking experience with the service at both nunawading and chadstone.

Try Cannon Toyota at Camberwell.

Totally agree with the Sci-Fleet Toyota Taringa. Because of their service, I get pi**ed off whenever I go there. Mechanically, I don't trust them at all.

Totally agree with the Sci-Fleet Toyota Taringa. Because of their service, I get pi**ed off whenever I go there. Mechanically, I don't trust them at all.

Sci-Fleet Taringa is a bit of a love/hate relationship for me. I hate their service department, but I like dealing with spare parts. They are friendly down there and always help me out.

As said, I prefer Southside Woolloongabba for all my service needs. The main thing I like is just the fact that I can call up at 9am in the morning, drop my car off after work on the same day, and either pick it up later in the evening or pick it up the next day on my way to work. Essentially causes no downtime from work and doesn't really inconvenience me since I probably wouldn't need the car after work.

They can be a bit slack though when it comes to calling you when the car is ready in the evening, but I cut them some slack for that. I usually just call them myself to ask if it's ready.

Now that my warranty has expired as of the end of yesterday, I won't be paying for service anymore and will be doing it all myself. Only reason why I will head back there is to get my steering intermediate shaft fitted. Yes I trust their service, but when out of warranty, I prefer DIY.

$120 :P :P :P. I was finally able to take advantage of the Service Advantage. One thing I never had with the ol' girl.

• 1 year later...

I need a warranty and service for my 2008 aurion prodigy. Where did you score the book for $30. That is a bargain.

cheers

santos

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"DJKOR>> I myself don't like Castrol oils, hence why I bring my own. Depends what peace of mind you want."

How do you know that they have used your supplied oil and not just thrown in "cheapest available"?
Curious because I have thought of doing this also.

Edited by KX-R & ACV40R