5E-FHE conversion

• 1 month later...

i think the 4E-FTE would be a ripper of a conversion.... but you would want to check that such a motor is NEWER than that coming out of the car (this is the basic requirement for any engine conversion)

the 4A-GZE is an A series motor, and as such the engine mounts are all over the shop and probably would make life very difficult in converting.

• 9 months later...

Starlet turbo is the way to go with a Sera really. All the engine mounts are in the same place as the 5E-FHE and the loom is the same as far as I know.

Andrew at Toyotasera.co.uk has fitted the Starlet turbo engine in a couple of Sera's, so he's probably worth contacting for more info.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
i think the 4E-FTE would be a ripper of a conversion.... but you would want to check that such a motor is NEWER than that coming out of the car (this is the basic requirement for any engine conversion)

the 4A-GZE is an A series motor, and as such the engine mounts are all over the shop and probably would make life very difficult in converting.

i need to know wiring to tercel 96/starlet 4e-fte

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Ezekial, can you give me an in-dept run down on everything I'd need to do to do that to my Sera? I'm lost with this stuff. What about that air filter bit that's on the top of the starlet GTs engine, can I get that to fit too and the bonnet?

Hey bro, ive done this conversion into my paseo which is prettey much the same floor pan.

the 4efte is the easiest one to do, seriosuly it all just drops into place, the only thing is youll need to spend a bit on wiring,

believe it or not but the intercooler at the top actually fits under the bonnet, it may not look like it but it does, just remember if your gonna do it to use the sera drive shafts as the inners for the gt and the sera are the same but the outters are a different story.

if you need any advice just ask me cause ive done heaps of work on my car and its very similar to yours.

Starlet conversion for sure- no doubt about it

It drops right in with no hassle, only wiring the only thing and thats to be expected!!

You'd save money by doing it this way because with the 4AG series of motors youd have to fabricate mounts etc this is time consuming and costly. this money could be spent on having an aftermarket turbo set-up or if you want simple high flow the standard CT-9, some people making over 160hp using this turbo. Plus with a aftermarket computer- AWESOME- Money more well spent!!!

Oh and the 4EFTE is a strong engine, as with all toyota engines so it'll take some boost!! :D If you want the power, 200hp at the wheels only a few steps away!!! :lol:

Thats what i reckon.

Edited by -EP82-