94 sdv10 Camry

KamryKruizer

hi guys

1st off a very merry christmas to you all and may 09 bring you happiness and good motoring

now onto the issue

just puchased a 94 camry for the wife, its a cracker, been well looked after and serviced at the toyota dealer it was purchased from since new. 210k on clock.

now apart from a dodgey windscreen washer bottle ( why is it they all disintegrate? ) to be fixed id like to put some nice alloys/mags on it.

do any other model cars wheel fit the sdv10 camry, ive heard mention ford wheels will fit is that true? and subaru?

any input appreciated as id like to bling it up for the wife for xmas

thanks

KK

no particular brand fits best. obviously you need the correct number of wheel stud holes, and also the correct offset so that it doesn't make contact with anything. specs of the wheel are easily available.

although a 94 camry with suby wheels would be interesting

Edited by lateralus

G,day mate...

The offset you're after is +40 through to +42... stud pattern is 114.3 x 5.

A good set of 17s would look awesome... mind you, these cars REALLY need to be lowered slightly, they look hilarious otherwise.

Ford's offsets are different to the Camrys... I believe they're around +30 to +35?? Either way, they'll rub on the lip if the guards are not flared or rolled up. Seen it happen many a time mate :)

Besides... why would you want Ford mags on a Camry??? You don't want to DEVALUE the car now do ya?!? lol :P

thanks for the replies

the reason i asked what other car makes wheels fit the sdv10 is that on ebay wheel shops and other websites they mention what cars wheels fit.

the cammy being a little old in the tooth is never mentioned on these sites.

so for arguments sakes if an ad says wheels will fit falcons au and onwards and au wheels (stud pattern+offset) will fit the cammy id be sweet.

KK

Rather than referring them to a completely different car, ask for a set of rims with the right offset and stud pattern. If the person on the other end doesn't know what you're talking about, then you prob shouldn't be buying through em.

Your wheel width... wouldn't go much bigger than 7.5 inch wide, unless you plan on flaring or rolling. You could prob fit a +44 to +45 with 8 inch wide rims, but it may rub on the inside.

yeah whippy i agree the people in the local tyre dealers here know jack if the cars more than a few years old they know even less, i pity the guy who goes in there with a 60,70s car they will scratch their heads in wonder.

im more looking on ebay and even on ebay not much shows up to suit 94 camry.

ive seen guys driving round here in hiace's with falcon wheels so i know those wheels are interchangeable.

KK

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is opinionative, but there's no way in HELL am I putting any Ford or Holden stuff on my Toyota :P

As for the windscreen washer bottle, the sunlight seeps through the gap in the bonnet lid and over a period of years it erodes. The best way to fix this would be to replace the bottle with another and get some double sided tape on the inside of the bonnet to stop the light from coming in onto the bottle mate.

ya missing the point what i said was if au stud pattern/offset is same as camrys then i could buy wheels listed on ebay as to suit ford au as most times sellers just list the car they came off.

no way in gods green earth id put ford wheels on the camry either, its just not right

KK

Well, a Camry can have between +38 through to +45... If Ford AU have the EXACT same, as well as stud pattern, I don't see a reason why it'd be a problem.

Just make sure the width is 8 inches or thinner, you'd be better off with 7.5s so you don't need to flare. If you've lowered it and had say, a set of 18s, you'd need to roll even if you had 7.5 inch wide.

Well, a Camry can have between +38 through to +45... If Ford AU have the EXACT same, as well as stud pattern, I don't see a reason why it'd be a problem.

AU-onwards have a high-positive offset, somewhere around the +40 mark

As for having Ford wheels on a Toyota, one of the guys on Toymods had BA XR8 Falcon wheels on his Crown station wagon, looked perfectly fine (as long as you remove the centre caps)