Brad's new 05 stivo black!

Brad-dreama

i got a good deal with 3 year warranty for my black 05 stivo

here are some quick pics i took at the dealership

Mods to do are:

Firstly ill take off the chrome covers that are on the water jets for the window wipers.....

De badge and paint stock toyota badges.

paint brakes

paint front light housings black and attach eyelids for rear and back.

interior red LED lighting with stereo + speaker upgrade

Wheels

strut and sway bars

also deciding if personalized plates is worth the 500 bucks a year! otherwise ill just get the same with black plates.

I might do these later on, because i heard it might void my warranty.....(what are your thoughts on this)

CAI

Exhaust

It really needs suspension for lowering purposes and to be able to adjust the feel of the ride

and do something with my headers or buy extractors.

Also for brake colour and Toyota badge colour should i go black, gold or red( depending if i get the rims with red edges)

also can you post some pics or names for wheels that you would recommend that would look nice? thanks.

Thanks guys, post your thoughts and let me know what you think i should upgrade!

Edited by Brad-dreama

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well lets just say Ive learnt from my mistakes....

........and i get my license back in like 3 weeks :closedeyes: ....(low range pca)

thanks guys, i cant wait to start on it. im just unsure on what wheels to buy.

and ill probably go the jaderd contact eyelid technique until i can get my hands on some proper front and rear eyelids..(any ideas)

im also thinking of rear skirt before cai and suspension. etc

Edited by Brad-dreama

welcome to team black ! :)

good looking set of planned mods you got there.

if you want an idea of how it'll look you can have a look at my build thread. covers most of the mods you want to do, well has pictures anyway and you can ask if you have any questions.

for facelift eyelids i would suggest either c-one if your baller or a pair from topstage. topstage also does custom rear eyelids, i believe they're on KaZe- stivo atm.

best of luck

• 4 weeks later...

Are you still on ur P plates? Cos any engine mods will be deamed as a void of warranty and in NSW P platers arent allowed to do any mods to the engine to increase power at all.

So if a cop does happen to look under the bonnet and see a Red Shiny TRD CAI, be careful.

Anywaays nice ride, reminds me of mine when i 1st purchased it...Bog Stock.

Where bouts in sydney u from?

The best free mod you can do that's legal for a P plater is remove the snorkle to the airbox. Just loosen your battery clamp to shift the battery over slightly and then wiggle the snorkle out gently. Your car will sound phat, and after a few days pick up a lot of grunt too. Don't go disconnecting the battery if you get a red flashing light on your headunit and don't have a SEC code for it! Toyota dealers charge $66 to reset the SEC code to nul...

Congrats,

Gav.

the black konigs with the red lip (3rd rim) looks great. was going to get them for my car but im strapped for cash atm. nice list of mods. subtle but does the job.

personally i rkn just remaking your plates in a different colour is a better idea, saves you 400 bux a year. im planning to remake mine in silver on black soon.

my plates are from qld. but i live in manly area in sydney. i travel to the city alot though.

and yea. i will be getting of my green ps this year. so for now ill just remove the snorkel for now.

and what do you mean:

"Don't go disconnecting the battery if you get a red flashing light on your headunit and don't have a SEC code for it! Toyota dealers charge $66 to reset the SEC code to nul..."

??????

EDIT: oh i get it now, your saying dont reset it after i take the snorkel off because it will reset my HU! ok i get ya ehehe

thanks man

Strut bar, red corolla door skirts, slim line weather shields and king springs going in next week sometime! :clap:

can anyone help me install springs? otherwise ill just it to a shop to get installed

Edited by Brad-dreama

hey guys. well i drove my car yesterday all day for the first time around sydney.

not used to manual but i did alright, few mistakes but eh.

excuse my driving if anyone saw me! ahaha.

i only screwed up a few times and hit lift a few. i really want to get to know how to drive my car properly before i hit lift etc.

but on the first day of driving it as a guy the testosterone runs wild ehehe, who can blame me!

i actually wont post pics up until i get my eyelids painted and strut bar installed, but finding the time to do it is pretty hard because of work!

main point is, i had fun yesterday and im happy with the car! now i have to look after it and learn how to really drive it.

haha your right. but i want to learn how to drive it well hehe

hmm i forgot the name of the eyelids. from a company here in aus.

i got fronts and rears. i prefer them over the c-one's.

also whiteline front atm. ill get whiteline rear sway later on as well as slim line weather shields.

i got a short shifter and bushings from trc tuning usa

and im awaiting my king springs this week. and depending on the cost of installation i might get them on this week.

and later on new wheels and tread! maybe 17s type m lenso's

EDIT: i think they are topshift eyelids!

Edited by Brad-dreama