Ulra tune services

Hi all,

Has anyone serviced their cars with Ultra tune to keep the Toyota warranty? Toyota delaers charge around $250 for a service, whereas Ultra tune charges roughly half of that.

I have one Ultra tune service center right near me (5 mins) and the Toyota dealer is like 25 min drive (even more by public transport).

Any experiences?

They claim to honour manufacturer warrantees, though I don't know about the ins-and-outs of that.

I can tell you that every time I have taken a vehicle to UT, they have come back in worse condition.

They claim to honour manufacturer warrantees, though I don't know about the ins-and-outs of that.

I can tell you that every time I have taken a vehicle to UT, they have come back in worse condition.

Define "worse condition".

Did a quick search for Ultra tune on this forum only to discover that Toyota dealers are being lablled as liars and quoting too much for un needed repairs/service. So who are you meant to get to service the car then? Your local mechanic?

depends. if you have an insurance warranty, then it can be serviced by any registered motor mechanic provided genuine parts are used to replace servicable items.

however, if you have a contract warranty, then your car can only be serviced by the selling dealer of the car otherwise the warranty is breached is the logbook is stamped by somewhere else. however, if you manage to twist the dealers arm enough, they "might" be willing to sign a letter saying they authorise for repairs and servicing to be administered by other service centres in which cause you will be covered should anything warrantable fail.

to clarify, most warranties (manufacturer and extended) endorsed by the FACTORY are insurance warranties. however, if you have opted for an aftermarket warranty through your selling dealer, then that is a contract warranty.

Edited by lateralus

I work for Toyota and have heard bad things about Ultra Tune on this forum and elsewhere...

Ofcourse there are always customers that are unhappy but when you think about it, some people are extremely hard to please...

Best thing for you to do is find a place you are happy with and stick to it...

Money should be no objection when it comes to your pride and joy... I'm always happy to pay more for quality work...

i dont bother with toyota dealers doing my service, not that theres anything wrong with them, i just stick with my mechanic, i didnt even remember about my cars remaining warranty when i had it even though i probably voided it by modding the car.

Ide say just take it to a mechanic you trust and does a good job and go to them. If they can do a decent job, nothing should go wrong with your car which means nothing should be claimed under warranty. Simple

Well the guys here at Ultratune where Im at seem fine. My corolla (while an awesome little car) is not a delicate import... I had my mechanic who used to service my skyline but cant get him to do it anymore lately...

Ayway I think ill stick with UT, as they seem fine and local.

i guess it really depends which one you go to

they are all franchised out, so they are all different owners.

in melbourne i goto Otto and Fabian in Huntingdale, havnt had a problem from them

Edited by tomee

• 1 month later...
i guess it really depends which one you go to

they are all franchised out, so they are all different owners.

in melbourne i goto Otto and Fabian in Huntingdale, havnt had a problem from them

I used to work fo a ultra tune here in Adelaide up until recently and I must say they are the biggest backyarders. They fudge the results when it comes to tuning vehicles, they fit seconhand parts and tell the customer they are new, they sell customers repairs when there is nothing wrong with the vehicle, they mis-diagnose all the time, they rip the customer off BIG time and the owner of this particular ultra tune bought another store near the port and is doing the same there. The same store also tried to stitch my father in law up prior to me starting there,the apprentice is bloody useless, the manager is a rude **** and quite frankly they can get stuffed. DO NOT GO TO ULTRA TUNE IN ADELAIDE. Oops they also dont fit genuine parts to maintain warranty.