Hello Aurion owners :)

ZR6_AurionT

Hi all. I joined here some time back but for whatever reason I have never made a post. So this will be the first one to start. :)

I am a ZR6, 2008 model owner living in Mount Ommaney QLD. Well aurion is my second toyota. I used to drive previous 4cyl Camry.

There are few questions that I would like to ask.

1. As the log book states that the actual service starts from 7,500km. My aurion just have done over 7,400km so I called Toyota Service to book in. but they told me to get a service when it reaches 10,000km. What the hack? Am I looking at the wrong log book? Or is it miss printed? When did you take your aurion for the first service? (Not the 1,000km service)

2. I have read quite many posts about the rattle in the dash. My aurion make rattle noise when it gets heated. If I park under the sun for few of hours then drive, it makes rattle in the dash. When the cabin is cooled down it makes no rattle. Is it normal?

I already had a problem with the driver seat. It made annoying noises whenever I made tiny movements. Toyota has applied leather softner and now it is ok. Currently, my aurion making constant rattle in the sunroof :( (I hope toyota take care of this rattle).

I do not think Toyota has not improved built quality. I used to drive Camry Altise 2004 model which was about $20,000 less at the time. I also had the rattle problems from camry (Dash and roof). Still I managed to come back to toyota because I just loved the look of Aurion. Aurion just looks too good to hate.

PS. Please excuse my English, if there are wrong grammar or spelling errors. My first language isn't english :)

Hey mate. Welcome to TOCAU. As I say to everyone; a wise decision on your purchase. There is a lot to be enjoyed with this car. What colour have you got so I will keep an eye out for 'ya around the area.

The Aurion has normal service intervals of 15,000km. If you drive the Aurion fairly hard, then 7,500km service intervals are a good idea. the 7,500km service intervals aren't a bad idea either even if you drive it carefully, but it is not fully necessary. Under normal conditions, you will be fine with the 15,000km intervals. I don't know what the hell they were on with the 10,000km interval. My suggestion is to not go to that service centre.

The dash rattle is a common thing. It's behaviour is a bit different for everyone. Yours is the opposite of mine. On really hot days (like the 37-38 degree day we had a few days back), my rattle quiets down. When it is cool, the rattle is louder. You can try hard to get Toyota to fix it, but it may possibly require a lot of back and forward trips to them as they don't necessarily get to it straight away. Just keep complaining to them. Eventually you will get your way.

Congrats on your purchase!! I am not too far from you, at Westlake. There are a couple of others near us with Aurions too (I'll leave them to introduce themselves in the interest of privacy).

Looks like Aurions are very popular with the Centenary suburb lot. For a car marketed as a family car, it has both comfort and performance. Hopefully you will join us on our Thursday night meet-ups, where we compare mods and decide on what to modify next. ;) See this thread.

As for the rattling, be prepared to go back and forth a few times before it is fixed, but they will fix it. At the end of the day, Toyotas are still generally well-built and you should enjoy your purchase for many, many years to come.

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

hey

welcome to the forums... its a great knowledge base for the aurion... :)

i was also told at my 1000km service to come back at 10,000kms... so i went back at 10,000kms and the guy just said to me "you dont have to service it until 15,000kms"...

as djkor said... its only 7,500kms if you drive it hard...

have fun with your new aurion and enjoy it... :)

cya

ash.

hey

welcome to the forums... its a great knowledge base for the aurion... :)

i was also told at my 1000km service to come back at 10,000kms... so i went back at 10,000kms and the guy just said to me "you dont have to service it until 15,000kms"...

as djkor said... its only 7,500kms if you drive it hard...

have fun with your new aurion and enjoy it... :)

cya

ash.

I must have called the same toyota service centre (Sci-fleet taringa, if it is).

Congrats on your purchase!! I am not too far from you, at Westlake. There are a couple of others near us with Aurions too (I'll leave them to introduce themselves in the interest of privacy).

Looks like Aurions are very popular with the Centenary suburb lot. For a car marketed as a family car, it has both comfort and performance. Hopefully you will join us on our Thursday night meet-ups, where we compare mods and decide on what to modify next. ;) See this thread.

As for the rattling, be prepared to go back and forth a few times before it is fixed, but they will fix it. At the end of the day, Toyotas are still generally well-built and you should enjoy your purchase for many, many years to come.

Thanks mate. Well, I havn't done any mods to my car yet but I would like to join the meet-ups to look the mods of other aurions.

Hey mate. Welcome to TOCAU. As I say to everyone; a wise decision on your purchase. There is a lot to be enjoyed with this car. What colour have you got so I will keep an eye out for 'ya around the area.

The Aurion has normal service intervals of 15,000km. If you drive the Aurion fairly hard, then 7,500km service intervals are a good idea. the 7,500km service intervals aren't a bad idea either even if you drive it carefully, but it is not fully necessary. Under normal conditions, you will be fine with the 15,000km intervals. I don't know what the hell they were on with the 10,000km interval. My suggestion is to not go to that service centre.

The dash rattle is a common thing. It's behaviour is a bit different for everyone. Yours is the opposite of mine. On really hot days (like the 37-38 degree day we had a few days back), my rattle quiets down. When it is cool, the rattle is louder. You can try hard to get Toyota to fix it, but it may possibly require a lot of back and forward trips to them as they don't necessarily get to it straight away. Just keep complaining to them. Eventually you will get your way.

I don't drive hard but I would like to get a service because there are constant rattles in sunroof after all. It is quite funny when people have rattle in the dash in different conditions. Anyway thx.

I must have called the same toyota service centre (Sci-fleet taringa, if it is).

Oh don't get me started on them. I hate them. Actually, their spare parts department is friendly, but their service department aren't so great. SupaTouring had his rims scratched by their incompetency as well.

... but I would like to join the meet-ups to look the mods of other aurions.

I better order my strut bar stat. My Aurion lacking this is just not acceptable.

...I would like to join the meet-ups to look the mods of other aurions.

welcome ZR6_AurionT!!

im another southside aurion driver (forestlake)...look forward to meeting u at our weekly meetups (check out brisbane thursday night meets in the upcomeing events and cruises thread)

My color is Inferno which is orange colour. I will post the picture soon :)

Oh don't get me started on them. I hate them. Actually, their spare parts department is friendly, but their service department aren't so great. SupaTouring had his rims scratched by their incompetency as well.

Is there any other toyota dealers and service centres near by?

Is there any other toyota dealers and service centres near by?

My bad. I knew I was meant to say something in that post as well. The only other nearest one is Southside Toyota in Wooloongabba. It's located half-way between the Golden Casket building and the Gabba stadium. Bit of an extra hike to get to, but their service is quite good. The extra distance didn't bother me though since I work down the road, plus I like driving.