Well I did it

Since the kit was lying around i HAD to use it...

didnt QUITE get finished today but got 90% of the work done, all that is left is to mount the arming switch under the dash and connect the wires up, oh, and connect the bottle ;)

here are some progress photos I took...

View of the work area before starting with all the plugs disconnected:

Photo0013.jpg

Removed airbox and intake pipe:

Photo0015.jpg

fogger in position and secured:

Photo0016.jpg

pulsoides mounted INSIDE the air box and low pressure lines ran below intake pipe, very stealthy! I used additional O-Rings to ensure the low pressure side sealed and used silicone sealant where I ran the supply pipes in to the box to make sure no air leaks existed :) The nitrous line is aprox 30% longer than the fuel line, this is to ensure that both arrive at the engine at the same time so it doesn't bog down/lean out.

Photo0017.jpg

I guess this is the fuel line? Tapped in to this to supply the nitrous its 'wet' bit!

Photo0014.jpg

and finally the bottle in situ in the boot, nice of toyota to give us a little compartment under the carpet at the side the size of a 5lb bottle! The black line is the high pressure line disconnected from the bottle.

Photo0018.jpg

I've set it up with the 25hp jets which I will stick with until the wet weather goes away in spring when I hope to go to 50 or 75hp jets all being well it could see 265bhp by the summer, maybe more if I get a progressive controller :o

Comments?

looking good ..... nice way to use the stock air box ..... lol ..... nice and sleeper style ;)

lets see the dyno results

be sure to get some dyno runs done and have the guys measure the air fuel ratio just to be sure that the injectors supplied with the wet kit are in fact ensuring that the car is not leaning out.

most people even wen going a wet kit tend to get some sort of fuel management to tweak their fuel as the wet kits dont get it 100% right all the time .... would be a shame to see ur next thread on here "need 2zz engine" ..... so play it safe and make sure its all behaving before u go opening her up on the road.

cheers

Bill

I've had nitrous on a few cars now so have picked up a few ideas along the way hence I thought to put this inside the box and go stealthy!

I will certainly be getting some dyno runs done, perhaps not on the smaller jets but certainly when I start adding more than 50hp I will want to see the results.

Haven't had a chance to try it out yet since the electrical side is not complete, at least the hard part is done and installed!

As for leaning out, shouldn't be a concern as the reason wizards of nos use 25hp jets initially is for setup using what they call the 'static test'. this allows you to establish if the fuel jet is the correct ratio for the right mix. Hopefully the ratio will need to be about the same as my last cars so I don't have to buy more jets! Worst case i'll run it slighter on the rich side until I can get the correct ratio.

for reference this is the dyno graphs from my last car running 179hp off nitrous and a 50hp jetting which as you can see was running a tad rich hence the loss of power higher up the scale, well, the fall off anyway, not so much a loss :D Oh, that was on a 1.8 16v rover VVC engine ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/elm...52/Photo017.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/elm...52/Photo018.jpg

I do hope the 2zz takes nicely to nitrous, from what I have read in the states it seems to respond very well if set up correctly!

looking @ those dyno graphs it looks like u were letting the NOS come on strong from about 2800 rpms ..... im hoping for ur sake ur not planning to do the same with the 2zz ?????? u want the NOS hit to come on way further up in the rev range more like 5500+

the car that was on was quite happy to use the nitrous from about 3000 upwards as long as it was in an appropriate gear, ie, its accelerating freely. same goes for the 2zz, couldnt use it as low as that in say 4th gear but in 1st it should be ok, 2nd and 3rd will probably limit it to 4000+ and the rest of the gears to 5000+.

I won't know for sure how well its will respond until its up and running. for now i only have small jets that should be plenty safe at slightly lower revs.

Will be interesting thats for sure and I look forward to feeling lift on nos :D

looking @ those dyno graphs it looks like u were letting the NOS come on strong from about 2800 rpms ..... im hoping for ur sake ur not planning to do the same with the 2zz ?????? u want the NOS hit to come on way further up in the rev range more like 5500+

does your rolla have NOS as well xoom if it does is it any wonder you make 80-90 more hp then me

does your rolla have NOS as well xoom if it does is it any wonder you make 80-90 more hp then me

nah mate .... no NOS here .... if i was pushing NOS through mine i'd be well into the 300kw @ wheels mark ;) .... the engine is built to handle it but i dont c a point in stressing it for no reason other than bragging rights