any feedback on THIS product for rolla's??

screen link

hey guys, has anyone fitted this for a corolla?

im thinking of buying it and installing some JL speakers and a 8/10" sub in a custom box in the rear corner with jl subs.

depending on what i can afford of course and it will come in due time. i want to take my time and enjoy it.

ive already bought a few things for the car and i haven't even received it ahah!

strut bar, short shifter, eyelids and various little bits.

soon to come is CAI and springs/rims. but atm the screen seems really important and speakers etc.

let me know what your thoughts are.

it just seems handy to me to install this than a plain 2din 7" screen.

Get a JVC unit -

JVC are not known for their incar range, but have a look at their latest model and it keeps up with the Big boys.

KW-AVX810.. If you walk into to JBB HI FI and haggle, you prob get it for around $800. By doing this you get 12 Months warranty, and when spending a pretty decent ammount of cash, that in itself is reasuring.

Did i mention it has a detachable face, plays Divx/Xvid/Mpeg/WMV straight off CDR/DVDR?

Good unit

well brad if your liek me then youd want this. http://www.ryda.com.au/Pioneer-AVIC-F500BT.../avicf500bt.htm

it has built in gps plays dvds and plays **** off usb and ipod also u can attach a reversing camera to it if u like.

man i so want one ><!

yea i love brands.... but tbh. id rather not spend like more than 1k on a HU..

EDIT: OMG it is cheap as! ahaha i was expecting to open the page and be like...oh its 2grand... awsome.....

oh and id rather have it built in than portable. i'll have to look into it a bit more.

thanks for the info!

Edited by Brad-dreama

does anyone know where i can get a stock mp3 unit for the same model corolla.

ebay has non for our models, and no one replies to their PMs here when they say they do have one

I have a dilemma on which headunit i should buy aswell.

The two units it came down to are...

http://www.pioneer.com.au/Products/Navigat...AVICF900BT.aspx

http://www.alpine.com.au/products/product.asp?modelID=383

Both have negative and positives which make it so hard to decide.

Alpine beats the pioneer in price, security (detachable face) and a bigger screen whereas on the other hand the pioneer beats the alpine with the sd slot, usb slot and gps. sigh****

im wondering if 2 din are more expencive than 1din products?

what do you guys have installed in your rollas, can you attach any pics please~!

Sony XAVW1

see my car profile, 4th pic?

thats a double din unit. as you can see you will need a spacer for width.

vvvvv

Edited by JG24688

i got my system installed 4 months ago and couldn't be happier. The avic900bt has just about every last function you need in a car (the model above the 900 is designed for driving in outer space, and for triple the price isn't really worth it unless you have money to blow on live telemetry)

good things about it if your thinking of installing it;

- goes well with interior of the sprotivo (see attached pic) post-11743-1231936471_thumb.jpg

- is understated from outside the vehicle so it doesn't look like a gold mine for thieves; you can't even tell it's there at night

- One of the first navs to use Suana technology in Australia; for those who don't know: when driving toward a traffic jam with the nav on, it will direct you away and set a new course also you can check traffic reports before leaving your area, will update you on most road works and slow moving traffic.

- i-pod compatibility is amazing, w/ cover image display ** 30 gigs of i don't even know what i feel like listening to when i get in the car

- DVD playback on i-pod and regular dvds

- sd card slot and USB

- voice controlling of phone and music options

Negatives;

- takes a while to load the system 30sec or so before full functionality kicks in

- within 4 months of having it the system has only ever crashed and paused at a stand still once - and that was while listening to i-pod, navigaion going and then i got a bluetooth phone call.. system was fine when the call came and whilst talking, but when i hung up had to restart the car before returning to normal.

any questions about it feel free to ask.. but i reckon that going with one that is built for AU is best, and one that has Au nav already installed

cyEn