Greenslip for Corolla

T-Sport

Hey... anyone know which company is cheap to get CTP greenslip? ive been quoted like $567... soo expensive cos insurance is coming around at same time... grrr

Great timing, man ~~! :) I just got mine yesterday ~

I go for Allianz that cost $565. All the companies are charging the same price ~ :angry:

go to here

http://www.maa.nsw.gov.au/

to have a look.

There is a cool tool that make quotes for you listing all the prices of different companies.

However, they treat our Sportivo as "HIGH RISK" vehicle ~!! :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by Cooley

Got the paperwork in front of me...

best place was GIO, $342.52 (I shopped around a bit, a good site is http://www.greenslips.com.au it surveys all companies and give an estimate of all prices)

though that was on 15/7/04

Those web site are the same one, it directs to the MAA site anyway. :P

Edited by Cooley

Got the paperwork in front of me...

best place was GIO, $342.52 (I shopped around a bit, a good site is http://www.greenslips.com.au it surveys all companies and give an estimate of all prices)

though that was on 15/7/04

Those web site are the same one, it directs to the MAA site anyway. :P

Hi Guys, i just did a comparison on the above website and Allianz is $297. Might be worth giving them a call

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm... its cos im young i have to pay so much for greenslip... about 570 then rego is 250... good news i got comprehensive insurance for really cheap this year... almost 400 cheaper than i did when i first bought my car... ive got 2 new doors too... lol ;)

pardon my ignorance, what is a green slip?

:blink::blink::ph34r::ph34r:

It's the Compulsory Third Party or Green slip. Every car must have a green slip, in order to get registered.

Quote from AAMI:

"It is compulsory and a condition of motor vehicle registration in NSW."

you NSW people are almost as weird as NZ people!

first you got this two-colour P plate system where you shove the plate between your licence plates, and now this green slip business?

oh my!

lol!! :D :P :ph34r: ;) B)

*runs away*

hmmm... its cos im young i have to pay so much for greenslip... about 570 then rego is 250... good news i got comprehensive insurance for really cheap this year... almost 400 cheaper than i did when i first bought my car... ive got 2 new doors too... lol  ;)

I wonder if the states will ever come to a consistent conclusion with anything re: motoring.

In Qld, the CTP figure is subject to competition, but once you choose your insurer, you pay the same amount regardless of your age. The big difference here is the no. of cylinders in your car, a 4 cyl is cheaper than a 6 cyl and a 6 cyl is cheaper than an 8 cyl. I think once you get to 8 cyl you pay the same from there ... but I'll let you know when I buy that Carrera GT I'm saving for :D

first you got this two-colour P plate system where you shove the plate between your licence plates, and now this green slip business?

oh my!

lol!!  :D  :P  :ph34r:  ;)  B)

*runs away*

:blink:

The CTP, Compulsory Third Party, I think this kind of insurance is compulsory for anywhere in the world for the registration of a car ~!!

Have a read at this :)

http://www.maa.nsw.gov.au/greenslips11whatis.htm

oh my!

lol!!  :D  :P  :ph34r:  ;)  B)

*runs away*

:blink:

The CTP, Compulsory Third Party, I think this kind of insurance is compulsory for anywhere in the world for the registration of a car ~!!

Have a read at this :)

http://www.maa.nsw.gov.au/greenslips11whatis.htm

Most states in Aus have CTP incorporated into the Registration charges (underwritten by the local motor authority, RACV, RAA, etc), but NSW and Qld, for the sake of competition, have privitised the CTP system to a number of insurance firms so vendors can get the best deal (and so insurance companies can charge rediculous amounts for young and inexperienced drivers :blink: ). Personally I liked the system in South Aus where you get a bill for ~$550 (or whatever it is now!!!) and you can choose how long you want to pay... 3, 6 or 12 months with charged adjusted accordingly and discounted for longer registration time (this includes rego and CTP in the one bill). I find the system in NSW a lot of hastle and running around for no real benefit in the end, I just get more frustrated with the insurance companies...