oval resonator vs hot-dog resonator

tinno

Hi all,

Im planning on gettin a 2.25" cat-back + oval muffler on my 1zz rolla pretty soon but im abit unsure as to which resonator to use.

Currently im considering one of these 3 options - either use the stock resonator, get a hot-dog reso or an oval reso.

Question is, what kinda of differences (both performance and sound wise) can i expect between the hot-dog shaped, oval shaped and stock resonator? After reading bondie's thread (http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18339&hl=resonator) im thinkin that hot-dog resonators will only make the set up louder?

Any help would be super.

Cheers,

Tin

Magnaflow stainless 5" barrel muffler's the best I've found for the center muffler on the zze's. Can even cut the stock mounts off the 1zz resonator and weld them to the magnaflow body for perfect fitment.

Oval or hot-dog I think it will come down to your rear muffler. But for noise suppression then an oval one should be better.

I recently got my cat-back re-done as the resonator was leaking, the previous place actually put a baffled resonator in there which may have robbed me of some power (2kw lol). So I got the new workshop to install two straight through resonators (aka hotdogs) an 18" one followed by a 12" one, only problem was that I put my stock muffler back on. Will try for a offset/centre straight through muffler in the coming weeks hopefully and see how we go for noise.