92 Tarago Light Upgrades?

richtudor

Just new to this site...

Have a 1992 Tarago and was wondering if anyone knows if there are better head lights available for it, maybe in an upgrade kit...

It has the brighter blue coloured globes in it, but those flash really bright blue suckers would be great, if I could get them... B)

We driv from Sydney to Bathurst a bit and it would be awesome if we could see better at night without putting driving lights on the bullbar!!

Regards,

Rich...

• 1 month later...

Just new to this site...

Have a 1992 Tarago and was wondering if anyone knows if there are better head lights available for it, maybe in an upgrade kit...

It has the brighter blue coloured globes in it, but those flash really bright blue suckers would be great, if I could get them... B)

We driv from Sydney to Bathurst a bit and it would be awesome if we could see better at night without putting driving lights on the bullbar!!

Regards,

Rich...

No idea

Just new to this site...

Regards,

Rich...

No idea

that post was really helpful, congratulations to you and your family...

anyways, i rkn putting on some driving lights would be the better option than upgrading the headlights.

1) price

2) i think the headlights on some tarago fade or go foggy like the supras so it wont look as great

maybe 2 x lightforce driving lights should do the trick. a few friends have it on their hiluxes and what not. does the job.

Mate...

if you want to get 'driving lights...'

go check out the latest issue of 'OVERLANDER' car magz, its packaged with a Fishing magz (forgot whats the name...)

they just did a driving light test on all the current brands on the market...

Otherswise, getting something like Phillips Vision plus is a cheap and cheerful way to get additional light output without breaking the bank... or get a HID plug and play kit off the ebay (4300k so u dont get pull over every night...)

if your headlight is made of glass then it will be hard to polish it, you will need wet sanding etc etc and thats no easy feat for a most ppl...

plastic headlight case is pretty easy to do...

get some heavy duty cutting compound, rub it vigorously by hand on the case and use Plexus to buff it and it looks brand new... (tried it on my mates neglected R32 GT-S)

Edited by Speedz

• 2 months later...

Hi mate

Personaly i would stick with the driving lights on bullbar as the tarago`s have a plastic lense & if you put bigger globes in you WILL burn the lense over time. Upto you but i would also advise you to take out the blue things you have & put in standard globes. Even those 10% brighter blue ones will tarnish the lense over time. I understand the drive over the blue mountains to bathurst is one you would rather have beeter lighting for but go with the driving lights man...

Mate.

I upgraded the globes in my 1992 Tarago to 90/100's about 1995. I have enough light to blind possums, burn the retinas from on-coming drivers and melt the tarmac at 100m. Absolutely no change to the lenses in all that time. actually, now I think about it, I've never had to replace a globe since. :D