Sportivo

jane

Hi

Out of interest do you guys get a high performance Corolla (Auris) in Aus? like the previous gen Sportvo 2ZZ-GE, here in Europe the high performance model is a Diesel :rolleyes: a SR180, it may get the looks but no match for the sportivo (T-sport in europe) nor a substitute, although there meant to be a high performance model coming out on sale soon, not sure what engine it be or if the VVTLi technology be used or not.

didnt they have to stop using the 2ZZ because of emissions or sum hippy bull**** like that??

sorta toyota couldnt be ****** developing the engine to meet standards.

and too the op we only got one engine the 1.8 litre 2ZR-FE (ZRE 152) and no diesel >: ( the torque in the uks sr180 is insane 400 newton metres?!?!!

didnt they have to stop using the 2ZZ because of emissions or sum hippy bull**** like that??

and too the op we only got one engine the 1.8 litre 2ZR-FE (ZRE 152) and no diesel >: ( the torque in the uks sr180 is insane 400 newton metres?!?!!

diesel engines are like that noob. high torque, low revs.

diesel engines are like that noob. high torque, low revs.

i want 1 :)

google the "Auris Blade Master G"

3.5l V6 Found in Lexus RX330

206kw

340nm Tq (i think)

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Toyota-Blade-Master-G.html

i dotn think theyll bring the blade over :( becasue itll **** all over the aurion power to weigh ratio wise

google the "Auris Blade Master G"

3.5l V6 Found in Lexus RX330

206kw

340nm Tq (i think)

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Toyota-Blade-Master-G.html

i dotn think theyll bring the blade over :( becasue itll **** all over the aurion power to weigh ratio wise

not really for that reason... I'd say they wouldn't sell any more Levin ZRs if the the BMG was available here.

This is an old article but it will still explain why no TRD corolla: http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...ArticleID=51233

Toyota Australia’s senior executive director of sales and marketing, David Buttner, says plans for a TRD Corolla have been hindered by the lack of a suitable performance engine.

“If you look at that hot-hatch segment from an engine performance point of view, we asked what [engine] output could we get from the existing Corolla,” says Buttner.

“And there was nothing we could do to get sufficient [power] output to make us compettitve against what are some very good offerings in that [hot-hatch] segment.

“If you can’t match [rivals] in terms of kilowatts [it’s a problem], and we couldn’t even get close.

Buttner says Toyota’s best efforts to extract more power from the Corolla’s 1.8-litre four-cylinder engine (currently 100kW) were still “20 to 25kW off” matching hot-hatches such as the 147kW VW Golf GTI.

Toyota Australia has also ruled out two overseas Corollas because of homologation issues and re-engineering costs. Japan has a Corolla model called the Blade Master that’s powered by the same 200kW V6 in the Aurion, Kluger and RAV4, and Europe has a 132kW 2.2-litre turbo diesel Corolla.

A TRD Corolla hasn’t been ruled out for the future if another engine option becomes available, while the third TRD model could still be more than two years away because of the development time involved.

“We’re not rushing into a third [TRD] model,” says Buttner. “We’ve still got to let the [TRD] brand become established.”

Exactly, thats why its currently fitted to the Lotus, that is sold in Australia :o :o er <_< <_< hmmm :huh::huh: arrhhh :huh: :o <_< :huh:

errr dont the noise emission rules state that continuing to us this engine would then classify cars as falling into the "sports car" noise emission standard thus rendering development in mass produced vehicles pointless.

The engine is being used in a lotus exige, yes its supercharged and Yes its a sportscar. so yes.. it will still be produced for Lotus, not the corolla.

dust the cobwebs off this one lol! maybe there should be a sticky pointing out that there will be no tweaked up trd zre152 shame really but i can see where theyre comming from

but if youve got the coin you could get the lotus engine and put it in a zre152

dust the cobwebs off this one lol! maybe there should be a sticky pointing out that there will be no tweaked up trd zre152 shame really but i can see where theyre comming from

but if youve got the coin you could get the lotus engine and put it in a zre152

or a supercharged 2az?

i understand why they cant make a TRD model etc but Toyota should still be able to bring out another sportivo varient, like the camry and aurion,

everything can be done, eg a hot bodykit, sports suspension,leather interior, just like the previous models, im sure theres an engine they could use or tweek an existing one to make it suitable, even if it isnt as quick as the 141kw version, there is still a huge market for hotter corolla out there especially when young drivers cant drive v8's, even if they have to turbo charge it like back in 2001 when they had the few that were made like that, anyone else feel this way?

i understand why they cant make a TRD model etc but Toyota should still be able to bring out another sportivo varient, like the camry and aurion,

everything can be done, eg a hot bodykit, sports suspension,leather interior, just like the previous models, im sure theres an engine they could use or tweek an existing one to make it suitable, even if it isnt as quick as the 141kw version, there is still a huge market for hotter corolla out there especially when young drivers cant drive v8's, even if they have to turbo charge it like back in 2001 when they had the few that were made like that, anyone else feel this way?

totally agree... even tho TRD aus is going soon, sportivo shouldnt die. :)