Stig Identified

that's true, TOP GEAR has not confirmed that this is true... the stig is an awesome driver though :lol:

Evo

Yes the stig can drive but he is probably not as awesome as what people might think....there is a lot of good film techinques used and remember they use the Top Gear track and not and actually race track for the hot laps so this way people can not beat The Stig's time. Thats why Aus TG used Camden Airport...if they used Wakefield/Oran Park/Eastern Creek People would be aimming for there times....I know I would.

Yes the stig can drive but he is probably not as awesome as what people might think....there is a lot of good film techinques used and remember they use the Top Gear track and not and actually race track for the hot laps so this way people can not beat The Stig's time. Thats why Aus TG used Camden Airport...if they used Wakefield/Oran Park/Eastern Creek People would be aimming for there times....I know I would.

How dare you speak ill of the mighty STIG!!!!!!!!!! :o

Seriously though, if he wasn't actually that awesome, then Nissan, Porsche, Mercedes AMG, BMW, Pagani, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc etc wouldn't be letting him thrash their cars around. God knows the BBC (which is British taxpayer funded) wouldn't be willing to pay out a couple of hundred thousand every couple of shows because their driver killed the car... the show would have folded after the first couple of seasons.

That's also why Bugatti didn't give him the Veyron for so long...

Black Stig was Perry McCarthy, ex F1 test driver. If he was good enough for Williams and Benetton to let him loose in their multi-million dollar machines, then hes probably good enough to drive most commercially produced cars around the track.

Edited by Leroy

IMO, the current White Stig (Ben Collins?) is a better driver than the original Black Stig (Perry McCarthy) was. Atleast judging from the number of crashes the Black Stig used to have in the out-takes off the DVDs.

Gav.

IMO, the current White Stig (Ben Collins?) is a better driver than the original Black Stig (Perry McCarthy) was. Atleast judging from the number of crashes the Black Stig used to have in the out-takes off the DVDs.

Gav.

I tend to agree with you... but 10 seasons of familiarity with the track is bound to pay more consistency than 2 seasons...

How dare you speak ill of the mighty STIG!!!!!!!!!! :o

Seriously though, if he wasn't actually that awesome, then Nissan, Porsche, Mercedes AMG, BMW, Pagani, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc etc wouldn't be letting him thrash their cars around. God knows the BBC (which is British taxpayer funded) wouldn't be willing to pay out a couple of hundred thousand every couple of shows because their driver killed the car... the show would have folded after the first couple of seasons.

That's also why Bugatti didn't give him the Veyron for so long...

Lol is the Stig going to kill me in my sleep?

Those same brands also let Tiff Needle and Jason Plato behind the wheel of there cars because there are current or previous been professional race car drivers. By no means am I saying that Ben Colins is a bad drive....just im sure he isnt number one in the world lol

From Wikipedia on the topic of The Stig's identity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_stig#Identity

The Stig's identity is one of those mysteries which should remain just that a mystery it takes away all the fun of the character to know who he is.

Spillage,

Top Gear has already outed Obama as the white Stig

Edited by jps137

fixed for u ..... when u want to use the youtube embedded video feature on the forum u only need the video id between the youtube tags not the whole link ..... cheers xoom

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!