camry 01 v6 exhaust

{{HoTtWaXx}}

after taking the air intake resonator off, and having my ecconomy going badly (but the growl going up under load) :P ive decided to do some mods to improve mileage.

and yes im gunna put the resonator back on.

Will puting on a high flow cat and leaving the stock muffler do anything or not?

coz i want to hear my music not my exhaust.

also as some people my know the stock v6 y pipe is stupidly designed. does anyone know how much approx it would cost to get an exhaust shop to custom build a better designed one?

thanks in advance.

sorry if this makes no sense...im actually really tired :S

Best opinion I have... from my experience anyway.

Don't plant ya foot on the throttle :P

Also, use decent fuel. I don't notice much difference between my intake and exhaust in the way of fuel consumption... I don't have the resonator, I have an aftermarket snorkel/flexpipe with a K&N panel filter... doesn't make any power difference, let alone fuel consumption difference.

Exhaust is 2 inch all the way through, Zetti cannon on the back with a silencer (helps with back pressure), no difference in fuel consumption.

I regularly use Nulon's Total System cleaner and run 98 octane from Shell (V Power). I get around 600km a tank with the A/C on and not on highways and that's on my 3VZFE mate.

Good luck Brad :P hehehehe

I've got a custom Y-Pipe done a few months back and from memory it's around $400. I see you're in Melbourne, I got mine done at Carnegie Muffler & Brake which was recommended to me by some other forum members here as well. Highly recommended, owner very patient with a noob like me who know nothing about mods.

hey mulla, got any pics of the new one?

hows it perform?

Hi {{HoTtWaXx}}, I'll pm you the photo. Credit goes to STYLSH who supplied the photo in the first place and helped me a lot when I was asking around about the custom Y Pipe.

Performance wise, I haven't done any dyno's so I couldn't say it as a fact. But I do feel the car pulling harder and revs up a lot smoother. I've got a Gen5.5 btw. Worth every $ that I've spent!!

Gotta love Anthony (aka Stylsh, A)

I believe that you're best off talking to Adam from the US (ASG14), he has all this kinda stuff there... might have helped Anthony maybe? The ones that Adam had going were proper tuned lengths and the like...

Glad I was a help :) Mine weren't tuned to have the same length as it would have taken a whole lot more time to make and use up more space. But it does have a proper Y collector pipe where the 2 banks meet up. I think i actually works better now with my current go fast bits.

Edited by STYLSH

If you have the $......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-SS304-H...sQ5fAccessories

My friend just put it on his '94 1MZ-FE Camry. No issues. Another friend putting it on his '96 1MZ Camry. And I will be doign the same in the future.

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

Edited by ASG14

I have an aftermarket snorkel/flexpipe with a K&N panel filter... doesn't make any power difference, let alone fuel consumption difference.

yea, ive got something similar going too, no power difference but do u experience now your engine is louder when planting that right foot? i swore mine didnt used to scream and whine