Welcome the new guy

Hey guys, My name is Daniel and i just purchased my 2005 Sportivo, picking it up this Saturday

Abit about myself, Im 20, Im a mechanic, for Holden believe it, and currently own a Ford.. but switching over to the Toyota..

I was wondering if anyone can give any advise on what to watch out for with this car, and what do be careful of, and the most common faults if possible?

Looking forward to spending time on the forums' asking for help and giving advice..

Thanx fella's.

-Daniel

p.s Ill have to post pics of when i get it.

hey welcome man.

i got my car a few weeks ago too.

in black 05 stivo.

having alot of fun with lift but my friends keep telling me not to do it because high revs blah blah blah will blow engine.(they dont know about stivos engines though)

i dont do it as much as i used to.

you will have to wait for advice from the other guys haha. they know alot more

cant wait to see pics. do you have any plans for the car btw?

porting headers?

exhaust?

CAI/SRI?

rims? shocks/springs/coilovers?

cosmetics?

hey welcome man.

in black 05 stivo.

having alot of fun with lift but my friends keep telling me not to do it because high revs blah blah blah will blow engine.(they dont know about stivos engines though)

porting headers?

exhaust?

CAI/SRI?

cosmetics?

ahaha welcome daniel good to hear from you xD how much did you pick up your car for?

if you want a to know about faults you can do a quick browse or search, theres a sticky on the topic

hey welcome man.

in black 05 stivo.

porting headers?

exhaust?

CAI/SRI?

cosmetics?

G'day Brad, thanx for the welcome.

Umm ive had a few thoughts for plans but nothing too sure yet, its not in my hands yet.. lol... Its already got rims.. but i wouldnt mind putting some springs on it.. I just thought i might keep it stock for abit, have my fun then do my mods, i can just do em at work, im glad i have my own hoist..

yeah he did lol, johnnies got a CRX, thanh still has the same civic lol

WHAT THE a 2005 model sportivo for 16k get out of here lol whats wrong with it xD how many Km's?

is it a facelift or prefacelift? hmmm do prefacelifts come in early 2005?

Edited by tiet

Hey Daniel,

Congrats on picking up the new stivo, and for what seems to be a great price as well. I too have just bought an 05 stivo in silver and just drove it back today from the dealer. Here's hoping for a long time of trouble free motoring for both of us.

- Will

Thanx TC-

lol tiet, nothing, 80k :( 4 years aint aint tooo bad.. price drop from 21,999 to just over 16, with genuine floormatts lol

thats pretty good, got mine for 13k with 85K on the clock, but mines a 2003 model :S

is yours the new front end?

i must say if it is the new one 16 is ridicoulously cheap lol

Thanx TC-

lol tiet, nothing, 80k :( 4 years aint aint tooo bad.. price drop from 21,999 to just over 16, with genuine floormatts lol

Mine didnt come with any floor mats <_< bloody forgot to ask the dude about it until the sale was made. How much do they cost newayz? Hope not much haha.

- Will

Thanx TC-

thats pretty good, got mine for 13k with 85K on the clock, but mines a 2003 model :S

is yours the new front end?

i must say if it is the new one 16 is ridicoulously cheap lol

Excuse my noobiness Tiet, but its not your front end, but where the lights have the drop on the inside, i dont know..

Thanx TC-

Mine didnt come with any floor mats <_< bloody forgot to ask the dude about it until the sale was made. How much do they cost newayz? Hope not much haha.

- Will

not too sure how much they cost TC, sorry..

after going to the track twice now, and hitting lift about 150 times at each session, as long as you keep good oil in her and maintain her, no reason not to enjoy lift more in life

whitestivo

Yeah he's right. Lift won't damage the car.

The engine is made to rev that high, that's why it's useless <6k rpm... unless you have some mods.

Welcome to TOCA. You'll enjoy it here and find lots of useful information.

Scored a real bargain too.

When you do start modding, I suggest go for handling/suspension first...

I nice cat-back exhaust system and new intake will also add some kw, and fill the mid-range with some torque.

Good luck.

Welcome guys :) like the both of you, i'm relatively new as well. Only picked up my stivo a week ago :) besides a burnt HID bulb, she's been good to me! and yeah, chuck in a CAI and exhaust with some nice coilovers, and it makes a world of difference. I use to own a 2001 Celica ZR and the stivo, I must say, handles and goes better.

You guys should come to the meet this Sunday at Auburn, I'll be coming too. Gives us all a chance to meet.