Best performance Tyre Pressure for Low Profiles Tyres

Rasika Prasad

hey, i got a 2000 zr with 16's n i usualy put between 34 and 36 depending on their temp. also depends on the tyre itself have a look on the tyre wall it might be there.

It also comes down to the actual profile of the tire itself and how much your are going to be carrying. You will find a figure on the sidewall, but that only states a maximum figure that should never be exceeded. Generally, you can look at the sticker usually located on the car body when you open the drivers (sometimes passenger) door, and this will give some recommended figures if your tire size matches up. Like I said though, it can always vary with different tires. A good average in most scenarios is about 32 PSI.

Just follow the tyre psi recommendation found on the driver's side T pillar, and if not mistaken it is 32 psi (the measurement found on the T pillar is Kpa).

I normally pump up 36 for my std size 16 inch but that's because I'm using stiffer shock absorber.

A higher tire pressure will marginally increase fuel economy, improve cornering, reduce braking distance and is safer in the wet at the expense of a possible increase in wear, but the effect is not linear. I go halfway between the pressure recommended for normal use and that recommended for use over 140km/h, which translates to 230kPa in front and 210kPa in the rear (on 15"s).