F1 Race 1

Did anyone else watch the F1 race that day? I watched the practice sessions, qualifying 1 and 2 and the race and i was very disappointed with BAR Honda's performance. They were rather unlucky to be caught out in the rain during qualifying but still i felt they lacked track speed that day. The Renaults were flying and they were bloody quick, imo quicker than the Ferraris. They were clocking 1min26s and high 1min25s.. The Ferraris were no match and the Hondas and Toyotas were hovering around the 1min28s/29s.

Seems to me the Renaults will be dominating with Mclaren but we still have to see how quick Ferrari's 05 car is. Williams and RedBull seemed pretty good too so this season looks to be rather competitive with all teams being rather quick. Overall i am disappointed with BAR Honda's first race result this year considering they were 2nd last year and always up front, but its only the first race and there are 18 more grand prixs to go. Jenson Button felt the 007 BAR Honda cars have speed to match, just that their strategy screwed them inside out that day.. anyway his girl is HOT!!! :D

Zee

I was glued to the couch all weekend... :)

Mark Webber felt the same as JB... If he was not passed by DC in the first corner we had maybe 3/4 to 1 second a lap on him, but could never find a way passed... David Coulthard is a very experienced and crafty racer... Marks pit stop timing also did him no favours at all having to always pit before Coulthard and not being able to gain advantage from staying out a couple of laps longer and press for position.

But the new one tyre rule seems to have livened up the end of the race a little as everyone then goes h3ll for leather to make position

I also wonder what effect BARs decision to retire before the last lap so they can get fresh engines will eventuate in in Malaysia....

Look out for M Schumacher, Heidfeld, JB and Taku as they will all have fresh engines at the next GP... and I also tip that Ferrari will saccrifice 10 grid postitions for Rubens so they can use the F2005 car at the first European race at Imola...

and to top it off i missed the last five laps coz i had the runs :(  :(  but I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D  :D

Way tooooooo much information lucio :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: