Don't worry about the nature of the power in your car William. You've got all the following things contributing towards what you may or may not feel:

1. Auto transmission going from stall to lock.

2. Cams climbing onto their powerband.

3. VVTi changes (blah blah blah).

4. Changing the fuel you use each day.

5. Humidity.

6. Temperature.

7. How much weight there is in the car.

8. Big shiny wheels... :P

9. The grade of your engine oil...

Don't worry about it, it's all normal.

Gav.

like Gav has said, i felt my VVT-i 'kicking' :P in the other day, jks :lol: i know it doesn't kick :P

here's how i had it set-up

1. Auto transmission going from stall to lock. - manual so change gear at much higher rpms

2. Cams climbing onto their powerband. i could feel it accelerating really quick, and the torque B)

3. VVTi changes (blah blah blah). simple enough

4. Changing the fuel you use each day. i think i had a good batch B)

5. Humidity. it was very low :P

6. Temperature. also lower then usual

7. How much weight there is in the car. car was cleaned out, so just like new

8. Big shiny wheels... :P stivo wheels

9. The grade of your engine oil... needs replacing... - after i do this, it should go like a rocket lol :lol:

in short, VVT-i does what its supposed to do, and it can be quite some fun... :yahoo:

Evo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it bad to rev an auto to say liek 5-6k rpm?

um... this is a silly question, but i still do not know the answer lol :P

Evo

torque.jpg

good example of what im trying to say is a honda s2000 at a impresive 176kw at 8000+rpm and max 207Nm at 7500rpm sounds impresive yet will gwt owned by a localy delivered 200sx at 147kW of power at 6400rpm and 265Nm of torque at 4800rpm

:P :P :P :P :P

I guarantee a stock s2000 would round up a stock 200sx anyday

and then throw em at a track, the s2000 would cream it

you can take your auto transmission to the redline, that's why toyota put it there, they don't have a mark at 5000rpm saying proceed with caution

interesting argument about whether an auto would take more punishment than a maual box, left in automatic, woudl be pretty hard to destroy it

interesting all the ppl on hear that think bog stock skylines and 200's are sports cars, go to the track and you will grow up very fast.

my sportivo will take your gt skyine with shtty cannon and ram it up your a££

whitestivo

Evo

hahahaha to both of u lol....no why should it be they wouldnt make them if they werent going to handle it....they make auto 2zz celicas and they rev to 8200rpm

interesting all the ppl on hear that think bog stock skylines and 200's are sports cars, go to the track and you will grow up very fast.

bloody oath! one of my mates brothers got a stock s15 and all my mates are like OMFG turbo s15 FAAAAARRK, rowan that will smoke yours..........yeh guys good one, that night it got smoked by by his own brotheres VS 6 manual....they got no idea...........but having said that u can easily make them into monsters!!!

I like s14 and 15's never the less B)

i have a bit of a problem with people who drive skylines 32 and 33's....they think they are the MADDEST when they drive them....even the guys running stock ones think they are the sh|t...but really 32's are dog slow stock and u can buy them for 5 and a half grand....i think they keep forgetting that...there nearly getting the commy vl driver bogan appeal to them. thats just how i see alot of them but there is some nice ones out there that i respect

Evo

hahahaha to both of u lol....no why should it be they wouldnt make them if they werent going to handle it....they make auto 2zz celicas and they rev to 8200rpm

sweet cause usally i use the gated shifter only leave it in d when im lazy / being fuel effecient

Evo

sweet cause usally i use the gated shifter only leave it in d when im lazy / being fuel effecient

same.....seems so much faster in sports mode but u just watch ur fuel go down! 6 sp auto ftw tho constantly changing gears is fun

I guarantee a stock s2000 would round up a stock 200sx anyday

and then throw em at a track, the s2000 would cream it

you can take your auto transmission to the redline, that's why toyota put it there, they don't have a mark at 5000rpm saying proceed with caution

interesting argument about whether an auto would take more punishment than a maual box, left in automatic, woudl be pretty hard to destroy it

whitestivo

ok lets compare the 2 cars, and to make it fair we will use the jap spec R model at 185kws it comes in at the same power output as the s2000.

1.both cars come in at smilier times both cars will run low 14s to high 13 quarter times put them on a twisty track and the s15 is away low down tourqe will make short work of your s2000 wich has a very limited power curve to work with.

2. tunability? s15 wins hands down, thanks to a engine/driveline/chassis combo thats been around probably since u were in primary school and has more aftermarket support than any engine world wide,drop a front mount, intake, boost controller and a full exhaust system and its good night to the s2000. as for the s2000 after an intake and exhaust your looking at big big dollers to get this thing realy screaming thats if u go n/a if u go turbo your looking at $30,000 on top of a $70,000+ if u were to buy the car new, thats skyline gtr territory and lets just not go there.

as for skylines and silvias not be being sports cars? let me ask u this are u saying your stivo is? your stivo is nothiing but a shoping trolley that some idiot at toytota thought it would be a good idea to stick a celica engine into. please dont ever compare a stivo to a silvia/gt skyline these cars are sports, every thing about them has sports car riten all over it unlike your stivo that handels like a shopping trolley and is just as slow, saying that i know how slow 32 gts are they would struggle to turn 120kws at the wheels these days but remember how od these cars are now, thats not to say a little tuneing wont turn them around

so before u open your big mouth the only person on here that needs to grow up is u lol cause u seem to have little corolla syndrome u know the like the little dog with the big bark but nooooooo balls to back it up :D :D :D

edit: to make things clear at the chance of looking like a stivo hater id like to say there not that bad, but dont compare them to sport coupes cause your way out of your leage

Edited by spillige

as for skylines and silvias not be being sports cars? let me ask u this are u saying your stivo is? your stivo is nothiing but a shoping trolley that some idiot at toytota thought it would be a good idea to stick a celica engine into. please dont ever compare a stivo to a silvia/gt skyline these cars are sports, every thing about them has sports car riten all over it unlike your stivo that handels like a shopping trolley and is just as slow, saying that i know how slow 32 gts are they would struggle to turn 120kws at the wheels these days but remember how od these cars are now, thats not to say a little tuneing wont turn them around

so before u open your big mouth the only person on here that needs to grow up is u lol cause u seem to have little corolla syndrome u know the like the little dog with the big bark but nooooooo balls to back it up :D :D :D

mate u drive a conquest....give it back to your grandma she needs to do her shopping...

whitestivo is saying his stivo would beat a stock silva or GT skyline around a track or hilly run....and it would mate

silvias and skylines are need wrk done to them to fill there sporty image

and ive never seen an S2K pull a 13 stock mate no chance...

just like ur sports spec conquest wont pull a 17

and 32 gts only pull 125 at the fly wheel mate not the wheels

ur the onle one that needs to grow up fagg0t u got no idea...get off grand torismo and get ur facts right

stop acting hard on this forum

wow guys... its not fair comparing an S2000 to a S15. they are both in 2 different classes. you simply cannot compare NA to Turbo.

i love the s15 and the s2000. i was very close to getting an s15 spec R when i sold my is200. however i will always go with the s2000.

it comes down to preference and what u want out of a 2 door car. convertable? high revving engine? then s2000. torque? power? then s15.

take ur pick. now lets try n keep this on the topic...

lol chicaboo all u have done is prove my point more mate, like i said put 2 stock cars on a windy patch and see what happens both those cars have had alot of work done silvia amybe $50,000 the s2000 on the other hand close to $90,000 do u have $90,000 to spend on a car?

ELEGNT i know i drive a conquest im not clameing to own a sports car like some people here i know what corollas are, unlike some, i cant see a stivo outrun a japspec s15 what does a stock stivo run low 16s? thats awsome man

Lift yo' i think your right in the sence compareing these 2 cars is stupid as they couldnt be more different

no comment on individual required

Any sportivo owners on here worried about a stock skyline on the race track... is that crickets i hear?

initial reference was to a 147kw 200sx, not a 185kw jap spec. If we put different STOCK models against each other, we'll take a Civic Mugen and we'll again, destroy the jap spec 200sx. Both available from the factory STOCK.

I don't know how sports car is decided, but a import r33 skyline with an auto box with a cannon hanging out it's end is not a sports car. If we talk tunability, look at Xoom sportivo.

whitestivo

lol chicaboo all u have done is prove my point more mate, like i said put 2 stock cars on a windy patch and see what happens both those cars have had alot of work done silvia amybe $50,000 the s2000 on the other hand close to $90,000 do u have $90,000 to spend on a car?

Maybe so, but your still looking at a 330hp s15 getting spanked by a 270hp s2000 in real world conditions. :)

Both of those guys are there to win the touge 300 challenge, and the Amuse S2000 hasn't been defeated yet.

Gav.

how did this topic on VVT-i turn into an argument about sports cars??

Evo

Because Spillage is a tool, keep posting more of this crap and you will se yourself receiving an all expenses paid holiday from the forums.

how did this topic on VVT-i turn into an argument about sports cars??

Evo

Because Spillage is a tool, keep posting more of this crap and you will se yourself receiving an all expenses paid holiday from the forums.

can u tell me what rule ive broken? exept state my own personal opinion this is a car forum after all isent it?

Im sick of every time I get online your ****** people off, My inbox is full of reported posts and 9 times out of 10 your just being a ******, So either smarten up or you just wont be coming back.

Sorry to the original poster for totally going off topic, this is actually a decent debate, it just got unnecessarily heated with aggression.

A stock AUS s15 is actually quite crap to be honest, for what it has under the bonnet. Stock for stock I can picture an s2k smacking it around on the track easily. As for a straight line, im not so sure but I wouldnt be surprised if the s15 lost again. The thing that people need to realise is that the 15 comes out of the factory crippled. You CANNOT keep these cars stock as its boring as. But then you go to the shops and you buy it a turbo back exhaust for like 500 - 900 or something and BOOM! the real 15 reveals itself. Have you guys seen the stock exhaust on this thing? its the most pathetic thing on the planet. Seriously 1.6 NA echos or wuteva have a bigger exhaust. Me and my mate andrew aka 'lift yo' were looking at one up close on my old s15 and were laughing our asses off.

Once that exhaust goes on the 15 awakens and will start belting that s2k, the s2k will still out handle that body rolling 15, but with the car's new power output it will either b really close or the 15 will prob win. As for a drag? the 15 will prob pick up the s2k by the neck and throw it through the wall with one hand. To be fair the s2k can also have 900 bux to spend on a few mods but dollar for dollar the turbo will win. Newayz I just though i'd ad my 2 cents on 15s even though its obvious such cars are totally different.

As for the dude wanting the ep3? good taste, those cars are sexy but damn expensive.

Sorry again to the original poster :D

- Will

Sorry to the original poster for totally going off topic, this is actually a decent debate, it just got unnecessarily heated with aggression.

A stock AUS s15 is actually quite crap to be honest, for what it has under the bonnet. Stock for stock I can picture an s2k smacking it around on the track easily. As for a straight line, im not so sure but I wouldnt be surprised if the s15 lost again. The thing that people need to realise is that the 15 comes out of the factory crippled. You CANNOT keep these cars stock as its boring as. But then you go to the shops and you buy it a turbo back exhaust for like 500 - 900 or something and BOOM! the real 15 reveals itself. Have you guys seen the stock exhaust on this thing? its the most pathetic thing on the planet. Seriously 1.6 NA echos or wuteva have a bigger exhaust. Me and my mate andrew aka 'lift yo' were looking at one up close on my old s15 and were laughing our asses off.

Once that exhaust goes on the 15 awakens and will start belting that s2k, the s2k will still out handle that body rolling 15, but with the car's new power output it will either b really close or the 15 will prob win. As for a drag? the 15 will prob pick up the s2k by the neck and throw it through the wall with one hand. To be fair the s2k can also have 900 bux to spend on a few mods but dollar for dollar the turbo will win. Newayz I just though i'd ad my 2 cents on 15s even though its obvious such cars are totally different.

As for the dude wanting the ep3? good taste, those cars are sexy but damn expensive.

Sorry again to the original poster :D

- Will

ok bro Get out... ahah the topic is vvti!!

but yeah s15 is a disgrace in stock form. its terrible. the tiny exhuast is just ridiculous.. no justice whatsoever..

NA is BEST.. VTEC VTEC VTEC.. :D

If you had five bucks and chuck norris had five bucks........

Chuck norris has more money than you.

i had an excel that beat my current celica off the line and top speed. the thing is i drive a celica now and not an excel anymore.

oh yeah lift rocks go vvtL-i.