are these illegal in NSW?

Armstrong

does anyone know if it is illegal to be driving with LED valve caps on your car wheels in NSW?

cool and cheap looking mod that can be bought at any auto shop but still.....it would be good to know just to be safe as this question has been raised at a few meets

Edited by Armstrong

you mean theres LEDs that screw onto where you pump the air into your tyres?

distracting to other drivers which is what makes it seem illegal.. similar to neons under the car while driving.

can your car travel back in time @ 88mph? if you can then i guess the LEDs make some sense...

bttf-88mph-05.jpg

Edited by J_J

Man, I'd drive a DeLorean even if it were fully kitted out in retro neons. LED's would stuff the look up.

On topic though; the LED valve caps will be completely illegal as they have the potential to distract other road users. I can't believe how some people actually consider such an idea though. Seriously, do some people think that a ring of light around their wheels looks cool?

Man, I'd drive a DeLorean even if it were fully kitted out in retro neons. LED's would stuff the look up.

On topic though; the LED valve caps will be completely illegal as they have the potential to distract other road users. I can't believe how some people actually consider such an idea though. Seriously, do some people think that a ring of light around their wheels looks cool?

i agree a DeLorean would be preety sweet to own.

as for the LED's it may look okay...depending on the you have car. but it does look illegal. but being curious, i thought id throw the question on the forum it has been raised by a few people at meets.

Anyway good to know for sure. I'm surprised though that they are so easy to buy...even through you cant use the things lol. Who ever created them didn't gain anything from it.

anyway thx all

theres heaps of things available at places like autobarn that arent street legal. track or drag racing maybe, or just for show while you are parked.. but using them while driving is a big no no.

theres heaps of things available at places like autobarn that arent street legal. track or drag racing maybe, or just for show while you are parked.. but using them while driving is a big no no.

You'll notice that a lot of those kind of things have little warning texts hidden in the fine print or on the back saying "off-road use only" (as in illegal for driving on the street, not for 4WDing etc)

You'll notice that a lot of those kind of things have little warning texts hidden in the fine print or on the back saying "off-road use only" (as in illegal for driving on the street, not for 4WDing etc)

those were exactly my centemonies.