I am driving from London to Mongolia

A friend and I are involved in a charity car rally, facing 8,000 miles of pot-holes, strange borders and questionable food (and probably hygiene after 8k miles!) to raise money for Save The Children. We aim to raise a minimum of £1000 for Save The Children, plus we shall donate our vehicle to a charity called CDPF (Children's' Development and Protection Fund) when we reach Mongolia.

The Mongolia Charity Rally is a pan-continental drive across five mountain ranges, two deserts and enough barren and pot-holed roads, paths and terrain to ensure we'll swagger like John Wayne for a good few weeks after we complete the drive. We will start in London on the 11th July and our final destination is the great Mongol capital of Mongolia, beyond the Gobi desert, Ulaanbaatar, several weeks later. We are aiming to complete the rally in 3 weeks or less.

My team mate Dan is from Newcastle Australia, he will be flying to the UK to join up with me. We will be updating a daily blog and hope you guys will follow our adventures. Certainly going to be the toughest thing i have ever done.

The rule is we need to raise some cash before we can set off. I would be grateful if members here could donate a few bucks, in return I will get some nice club stickers made up (some chrome ones are sweet?) and I will send them out to you before we leave as a thank you gesture. Also I will add you to the clubs thank you list.

justgiving_badge10.gif

They accept paypal too ;) Makes life easier

Our website is almost complete but my australian buddy has yet to update his profile. It is at http://www.roadwarriors.org.uk

Please help!

cheers guys.

Steve

post-1-1235922847_thumb.jpg

Hi Jay

Anything you like, It goes direct to the charity and it raises our fundraising goal board.

Every penny counts as they say :)

many thanks

Steve

Hey Jay, Thanks very much mate

I will PM you when i get some club decals made and send you a set.. I will PM you in due course.

Once again thanks for the donation!

cheers

Thanks Kenneth!!

Very Kind of you mate.

will defiently keep every one updated with our on the road blog. we will be SMS'ing our blog on the road.

Thanks Kenneth!!

Very Kind of you mate.

will defiently keep every one updated with our on the road blog. we will be SMS'ing our blog on the road.

sounds like fun.. should be a wikid trip!!!!

Gumballers would be fun.

Once we reach mongolia we are travelling 1200 miles off road. As you can imagine this is hard work chipping the miles away each day. Literally no mans land if we break down we are stuffed.. long walk

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Check out this cracking video these french guys doing the mongol rally.. excellent!!

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Check out this cracking video these french guys doing the mongol rally.. excellent!!

crazy it reminds me of the good old DAF in Alby mangles world safari.....that thing just wouldnt die and is now in DAF museum overseas.....good thing about a tiny car can lift it and tip it easy to fix it up or get it out of a bog etc

When are you collecting up until?

Hi Mate

We are collecting until July 11th

When sponsoring if members could add TOCAU in the description bit so i know is TOCAU members.

SO members Please , Please, Please

Sponsor me :D :D :D

Our Vehicle we will be donating in Mongolia for the orphan children.

It is important that we help these kids who are basically left on the streets to fend for themselves due to poverty and violence. By donating our vehicles to CDPF (Children's' Development and Protection Fund) charity helps children get shelter, food, warmth from the siberian winters and a good chance of an education.

We hope our 4x4 will raise $5000 USD for charity alone. This is funded out of our own pockets, no charity donation goes towards this vehicle.

We are also raising money for Save the Children who are funding other charitable projects in Mongolia.

Let me know what you think of this beauty

post-1-1236377194_thumb.jpg

post-1-1236377206_thumb.jpg

post-1-1236377220_thumb.jpg

Our Vehicle we will be donating in Mongolia for the orphan children.

It is important that we help these kids who are basically left on the streets to fend for themselves due to poverty and violence. By donating our vehicles to CDPF (Children's' Development and Protection Fund) charity helps children get shelter, food, warmth from the siberian winters and a good chance of an education.

We hope our 4x4 will raise $5000 USD for charity alone. This is funded out of our own pockets, no charity donation goes towards this vehicle.

We are also raising money for Save the Children who are funding other charitable projects in Mongolia.

Let me know what you think of this beauty

post-1-1236377194_thumb.jpg

post-1-1236377206_thumb.jpg

post-1-1236377220_thumb.jpg

It's not a Toyota! :P Those things are pretty tough though, I've seen some take some pretty crazy damage and still drive fine. Is it modified in any way?