Sportivo Questions

should be gettn car this tuesday coming up and just wanted to clarify a few things

1.FOGS OR DRIVN LIGHTS? :blink: i just want to make sure which dey are because i dont want 2 cop a fine from the boys in blue

2.when u guys/girlz run ur car in how long did u wait till u started driving spiritedly, suing lift, like after 1000Ks or later?

help appreciated

1. Fog lights which are apparently illegal to have on - but mine have never been off since 8/2003

2. Day one - but wait till you have picked up you mate, neighbour or whoever you wish to impress. Just wait till the temp is up. Can't say it's done any harm doing it but hey it's a silver one and they are made for it.

• 2 weeks later...
2.when u guys/girlz run ur car in how long did u wait till u started driving spiritedly, suing lift,  like after 1000Ks or later?

After 1st service. Give it hard before but DO NOT HIT LIFT. This improves compression and after having two stivo's, run in differently, this is the best method (thanx Iluv4RX8 and PeekayEuro for the advice).

Edited by Hames

There are lots of stories about running the motor in, all we can do is tell you our own stories.

I hit lift 5 K's from the dealer :). My car runs like an absolute dream. I ran a guy in a sportivo recently (Hehehe recently being like 6 months ago), he had a sports exhaust system, mine is stock, I beat him. This is not just due to the run in method I might add, I used my handy little clutch slip method on the shift and lurched ahead by HALF A CAR LENGTH, it makes such a HUGE difference :).

There is material available on the merits of running a car in gently and running it in hard. I like to always give my car a variety and have done this with my last 2 cars, the last one was a heap of junk but not because of run in method, it was more due to the Daewoo badge on it. The sportivo has run perfectly since I got it and it continues to perform wonderfuly.

There is not enough proof on either side of the fence for you to make a decision based on opinion, the best advice I can offer you is to run it in how it feel right for you, if it feels like you will break it by driving it hard then don't drive it hard, this is the best way for each individual :).