Timing Belt

h3ctic

is it hard to DIY and change the timing belt of a wide body camry?

does anyone kno how to do this? or is there a tut somewhere online for this?

Might help if you said 4-cylinder (5SFE) or V6 (3VZFE). Either way, you should get a Gregorys manual, no doubt it'll go through the exact steps needed to change the timing belt, very handy things to have if you intend on doing anything DIY on your car.

ah thats right. my bad

its an I4. 5sfe

wats a grgory's manual? where can i find one?

you can pick one up from autobarn or repco, they sell repair and maintenance manuals

ah thats right. my bad

its an I4. 5sfe

wats a grgory's manual? where can i find one?

http://www.haynes.com.au/category160_1.htm

Find your model, get the book number, and then go to Supercheap, Repco etc and search their service manuals for that particular book/number. If they don't have it, they will be able to order one in, generally they're around $50 if you order them in, often the ones on the shelves will be reduced or on special, got my AE82 one brand new from Supercheap for $25.

I've never replaced mine... not my field unfortunately :P

I own a Haynes Manual... covers the 5SFE, 3VZFE and 1MZFE as well I think?

After the amount of detail that goes into that... I reckon I'd be able to do it myself with the help of the Haynes Manual. Has more better illustrated pics and more detail.

I've never replaced mine... not my field unfortunately :P

I own a Haynes Manual... covers the 5SFE, 3VZFE and 1MZFE as well I think?

After the amount of detail that goes into that... I reckon I'd be able to do it myself with the help of the Haynes Manual. Has more better illustrated pics and more detail.

I generally prefer Gregorys over Haynes (even though they're the same company), Haynes manuals tend to bridge a few model series so seem to suffer accuracy-wise because of it, Gregorys ones focus on one particular series.

what is a wide body camry ?

lots of info on google about how to change timing belt..

what is a wide body camry ?

lots of info on google about how to change timing belt..

SX/SDV10, called the Widebody because, well, it has a wide body. The Camry sold in Japan was narrower (because of tax bracket reasons), the Camry sold to the rest of the world had the full-size body.

sorry to steer off topic, but the guy above this post is starting to really annoy me with posts that dont make sense or repeat what other peoples posts :angry:

I think it is annoying everyone. I keep wondering whether it is actually a person who types the replies, or whether it is completely computer generated.

sorry to steer off topic, but the guy above this post is starting to really annoy me with posts that dont make sense or repeat what other peoples posts :angry:

I think it is annoying everyone. I keep wondering whether it is actually a person who types the replies, or whether it is completely computer generated.

I think that it is a person typing the posts. I think a computer would be a bit more intelligent. Lol. But why is the question, only thing I can think of is he is trying to get to the 30 posts required to sell things on this forum.

I think that it is a person typing the posts. I think a computer would be a bit more intelligent. Lol. But why is the question, only thing I can think of is he is trying to get to the 30 posts required to sell things on this forum.

I think it's a spambot, you'll notice that it seems to pick up on key words, and often uses exact phrases from the original post, probably similar to the technology you get in Google ads where the first thing is often "Find _____ for cheap on eBay" etc etc.

And if they are a real person trying to spam to get to 30 posts, they'll need all the help they can get trying to sell even a barn door to the Amish.