Voltage Stabiliser

Does any one know if these voltage stabilisers are any good? do they really improve the performance of the car?

I'm thinking of getting one, don't know if it's worth it.

Any comments/opinions are appreciated!!! :D :D :D

Edited by KT_haha

Does any one know if these voltage stabilisers are any good? do they really improve the performance of the car?

Any comments/opinions are appreciated!!!    :D  :D  :D

Hey KT - Man, check with Danthuyer - I know he has one installed.

KT.

The main reason to put in a voltage stabiliser is to equal out the surges that the battery + alternator release, Raizin voltage stabilisers seem to be the most popular as they are small and compact,, very easy to fit,, the voltage stabiliser is mainly used in cars that are using alot of electrical equipment,, hence if you have a high end audio setup, it is a wise idea to chux one of these little guys in.. plus it will stop your headlights dancing to the subs beats in the boot..

good little invention and in my mind well worth it.. plus if you getter a better ignition spark out of them hey why the hell not....

10/10 in my mind..

cheers also heres a site that tells you about them..

http://www.the-pivot.co.jp/product/se/raizin-e.html

Edited by sportiv

Any comments/opinions are appreciated!!!    :D  :D  :D

I've got one installed on my car... :)

I found my car more responsive than before after installing it.

There are alot of "messy and unstable" electric current in the car...the voltage stablizer stable those current, thus that make the ignition timing more accurate and powerful. As a result, it makes the car more responsive as well as improving fuel economy. :D

Also, it also improve the brightless of your headlights as well as the efficiency of the other electric devices.

KT_haha, how much is the one that you are looking at?? :o

Edited by Cooley

hey guys, this is the first i've heard of these and im very interested in getting one.. where can i buy it from?

thanks

EDIT: I live in Melb

http://www.intuitionmods.com/

has them and they know about this club. you can come to any thursday meet in the eastern suburbs and check out the raizin stabiliser on a variety of club cars.

I'm actually about to install one of these in my car. It's been sitting in my boot for the longest time and I've been lazy to put it in, plus I want to do it properly and not screw it up. I guess even if it doesn't really do anything, er...it has a cool looking blue light? hehe. :P

Ok, they're quite inexpensive, however, I'm just wondering if they be any good on a V6 Camry? Any input appreciated, thanks.

UPDATE: I've read the following from Toyota Nation:

There was one guy who did a full test on audio cap with a scrope monitoring voltage drop with and without a cap. Result is bad. The cap did smooth out the curve a bit but never was able to do anything useful when bass hit.

A cap will remove high freq noise in electrical system. They'll never remove low freq noise produce by bass. Reason is the bass took so much current the cap can't hold that much.

A voltage stabilizer or regulater is an active component which will step up voltage when supply voltage drops. Sounds good. Problem is battery voltage drop due to bass hit with high current draw and system can't supply such high current. In order to step up voltage, the regulater need to draw more current from the system, Power = Current x Voltage, to keep Power constant with lower voltage current gotta increase. Now our voltage problem was because of not enough current and we're trying to draw more current to fix it Don't think that'll work.

A voltage regulator works great only when system voltage is greater then needed. Say 24V source for 12V component. A regulater will be happy supplying 12V all the time. On a 12V-12V system, the regulater need to draw more current to keep output constant.

Edited by bigdenis

I didn't know the voltage stabilisers are active components, I thought they are just a bunch of caps that filter out different levels of noise, ie large caps for low frequency noise and smaller caps for high frequency. I don't think they have a regulator inside, because the two terminals from the stabiliser are connected in parallel to the battery terminals, so even if theres regulator across it, it will do nothing. (A regulator takes power supply of some voltage, say 14V, and outputs a more stable voltage say 12V and try to keep it there, so it will definitely require at least three wires from the voltage stabiliser, but most of the stabilisers I see on the market only have two.) As for low frequency noises, you are right, caps that are not big enough will not be able to supply enough current, that's why these voltage stabilisers cost so much, cos a good one will need to have several good "Farad's" to supply enough current.

Since they are so expensive, I'm actually trying to design one myself, there are a couple of friends that want it as well, so I'm getting a PCB designed for it and also getting a proper heatsink casing for it. I'll let you guys know how I go with it, maybe a custom made one will cost just as much as the one in the market, who knows

:D :D :D :D :D

Ok, they're quite inexpensive, however, I'm just wondering if they be any good on a V6 Camry? Any input appreciated, thanks.

UPDATE: I've read the following from Toyota Nation:

There was one guy who did a full test on audio cap with a scrope monitoring voltage drop with and without a cap. Result is bad. The cap did smooth out the curve a bit but never was able to do anything useful when bass hit.

A cap will remove high freq noise in electrical system. They'll never remove low freq noise produce by bass. Reason is the bass took so much current the cap can't hold that much.

A voltage stabilizer or regulater is an active component which will step up voltage when supply voltage drops. Sounds good. Problem is battery voltage drop due to bass hit with high current draw and system can't supply such high current. In order to step up voltage, the regulater need to draw more current from the system, Power = Current x Voltage, to keep Power constant with lower voltage current gotta increase. Now our voltage problem was because of not enough current and we're trying to draw more current to fix it  Don't think that'll work.

A voltage regulator works great only when system voltage is greater then needed. Say 24V source for 12V component. A regulater will be happy supplying 12V all the time. On a 12V-12V system, the regulater need to draw more current to keep output constant.

The Pivot Raizin Voltager Stabilizers that I've seen have been under $100.....

KT_haha - is that really expensive? Or is this just the "cheap" brand?

I reckon it's one of the "cheap" brand ..........I reckon in Australia it cost around $300 for a good one.

The Pivot Raizin Voltager Stabilizers that I've seen have been under $100.....

KT_haha - is that really expensive? Or is this just the "cheap" brand?

I reckon it's one of the "cheap" brand ..........I reckon in Australia it cost around $300 for a good one.

It is not one of the cheap brands the price I would say is more realistic than $300. How do you classify what is cheap or expensive anyway if you want to pay $300 go for it. I would rather pay the $100 for something that does the same job. They are very popular and made in Japan.

Try Sun Power Voltage and Ground kit. Was reading this Honda Tuners magazine, it produces 5hp dyno proven results.

As for sound system, a good set up should not give ur headlight a dance beat. If it still create that ever lasting headlight dance even with the correct set up, then change your battery. Cap bank is not really necessary, unless, your efficiency rate watt (50 to 60 percent of your total power amp) overpasses 1000w, u need 1 cap. pass 2000 u need 2 cap.

I recently re-do my audio, but this time, properly, I don't get that headlight dancing at all.

It is not one of the cheap brands the price I would say is more realistic than $300. How do you classify what is cheap or expensive anyway if you want to pay $300 go for it. I would rather pay the $100 for something that does the same job.  They are very popular and made in Japan.

I've got mine for around $20.........it's made in Japan too.........

:) Hi All

I have found some Pivot Raizin Voltage Stabilizers available in oz.

go to ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

as you can tell i am a computer gumbie.

the path i followed in ebay is Listed in category: Cars, Bikes & Boats > Car Accessories & Tuning > Interior Accessories > In-Car Accessories

Price shown is $93.50 + 13.00 postage in Australia

I hope this helps ???

:blink: Guru