Help with IVA-W502EV

myztik

Hi

I just recently bought and installed an Alpine IVA-W502EV into my 07 Aurion. Here's my problem.

I have and Ipod Classic 120GB and I have songs and music clips on the iPod. I can play music without a problem but when it comes to playing the video clips

with the Alpine it proves difficult. I'm not sure if this is an install problem or if its because the head unit does not properly support video clips from iPod. But

when I come to play the videos its quite bad quality and also its in black and white. No matter what clips I play they are all black and white.

Any help or insight into this would be much appreciated. I'm very keen to get this working and playing video clips because that was the main reason

why I wanted the iPod Classic + the Alpine IVA-W502EV

Here's a link to the website: http://www.alpine.com.au/products/product.asp?modelID=369

Cheers guys!!!

Myztik

Hi

I just recently bought and installed an Alpine IVA-W502EV into my 07 Aurion. Here's my problem.

I have and Ipod Classic 120GB and I have songs and music clips on the iPod. I can play music without a problem but when it comes to playing the video clips

with the Alpine it proves difficult. I'm not sure if this is an install problem or if its because the head unit does not properly support video clips from iPod. But

when I come to play the videos its quite bad quality and also its in black and white. No matter what clips I play they are all black and white.

Any help or insight into this would be much appreciated. I'm very keen to get this working and playing video clips because that was the main reason

why I wanted the iPod Classic + the Alpine IVA-W502EV

Here's a link to the website: http://www.alpine.com.au/products/product.asp?modelID=369

Cheers guys!!!

Myztik

hey Myztik has ya problem been fixed(and is this the only problem ), and are ya still happy with the alpine h/u, im on th cusp of puttin one in my 08 aurion and any info would be GOLD. cheers :unsure:

Hey mate, did you get the USB/iPod video lead with the unit ?

If you have, you need to change the video settings on the iPod to NTSC or the opposite of what it is set to now for the picture to become clear.

I work for an Alpine retailer and had an IVA-W502E in my old car, once it was working, it was great, but to get it working was a bit of a nightmare ... Lol ...

Let us know if there is anymore I can help with ...

Ian

everything is now fixed. basically had to fiddle around with the ipod itself.

other than that its a great head unit. no real problem with it as of it. picture is nice and clear as well and looks great. cannot complain :D

other than that its a great head unit. no real problem with it as of it. picture is nice and clear as well and looks great. cannot complain :D

Thanks again man got ya pm :clap: im sold im gettin it :yahoo:

• 1 month later...

IVA-502E Alpine H/Unit,Bought it,got it installed,and i love it :yahoo:

p.s and everthing works great,ipod,cd,dvd,and the pictures great,i love the brightness settings(-15 to +15),not the cheapest unit going around but after a week im happy and would recommend :D And thanks to all that chipped in with there help,big props to Mickeyboy for his posting and his e-mails on the steering wheel controls wiring diagram & step by step info,it worked a treat mate, thanks again. :toast:

now just gotta run in the sub & tweeters and i'll be cookin with sound B)

• 3 weeks later...

IVA-502E Alpine H/Unit,Bought it,got it installed,and i love it :yahoo:

p.s and everthing works great,ipod,cd,dvd,and the pictures great,i love the brightness settings(-15 to +15),not the cheapest unit going around but after a week im happy and would recommend :D And thanks to all that chipped in with there help,big props to Mickeyboy for his posting and his e-mails on the steering wheel controls wiring diagram & step by step info,it worked a treat mate, thanks again. :toast:

now just gotta run in the sub & tweeters and i'll be cookin with sound B)

I have the unit, absolutely love it.. just don't like the navigation part of it which is not the best around, other than that, the rest of the things are great.. the interface is also very user friendly, just need awhile and everything is good from then onwards..

I have the unit, absolutely love it.. just don't like the navigation part of it which is not the best around, other than that, the rest of the things are great.. the interface is also very user friendly, just need awhile and everything is good from then onwards..

AGREED!!!! did you know that the IVA-W502 just won the award for best mutlimedia player over $1000 in the latest incar magazine

AGREED!!!! did you know that the IVA-W502 just won the award for best mutlimedia player over $1000 in the latest incar magazine

Not sure about that, most IMPT is you must like the product.. Glad i eventually settle for the alpine instead of the Pioneer F900BT, boot up time of 40 secs are too much for me to take.. but they should improve on their navigation though, not the greatest around.. well can't have the best of both world can i? hahaha