Question on Tail Light Covers

Tinz

Do I need to get my tail lamp covers checked if I find mist on the inside of the covers?

It also seem as if this is causing a slight yellow tinge to the insides... anyway I can DIY by removing and giving it a good clean? not sure what to use for plastics though.

Thanks...

Do I need to get my tail lamp covers checked if I find mist on the inside of the covers?

It also seem as if this is causing a slight yellow tinge to the insides... anyway I can DIY by removing and giving it a good clean? not sure what to use for plastics though.

Thanks...

if its still under warranty go see a dealer, they should fix em or replace em.

Thanks...

Yeah it still is... will bring it back then.

Btw, i'm expecting them to repair something on my car doors since its still under warranty... what are the chances of them backing out and saying they cannot do anything about it and if that happens (knowing how dodgy some second hand car sales people are) what are my options?

Thanks...

Yeah it still is... will bring it back then.

Btw, i'm expecting them to repair something on my car doors since its still under warranty... what are the chances of them backing out and saying they cannot do anything about it and if that happens (knowing how dodgy some second hand car sales people are) what are my options?

if the inside of tailaights are damp its normally a sealing(outer casing or globe socket)problem or you might find a small crack if ya look real hard other than that they should be sealed and water tight, i would play dumb to the dealer and hope all gets fixed or replaced,worst case try and find them at the wreckers or even better BRAND NEW, hmmm gotta love new lights so bright and shiny.anyway good luck with it all :D

if you try to get a rwc, the mist wont help, for some reason its a part of rwc :/

hmmm... dodgy then... coz they promised rwc done when i bought the car...

how do i check if a rwc is indeed done?

a car can only be sold if it has passed a rwc, as its required for the rego transfer. so chances are you've got a dud rwc, which is quite common.

as the others have said, it will probably be a part of your statutory warranty (if its from a dealer), so you should be entitled to get it fully repaired/replaced. if the car would only be under the balance of any extended warranty, make sure its in your name as they wont accept the claim otherwise.

a car can only be sold if it has passed a rwc, as its required for the rego transfer. so chances are you've got a dud rwc, which is quite common.

as the others have said, it will probably be a part of your statutory warranty (if its from a dealer), so you should be entitled to get it fully repaired/replaced. if the car would only be under the balance of any extended warranty, make sure its in your name as they wont accept the claim otherwise.

dud rwc?! damn... i was hoping going to a proper toyota dealer i would not run into such risks...

gona be losing sleep over this... how would i ever find out if they sold me a dodgy car? last thing i need is try to sell my car few years down the track to only find out its not road worthy at all.

its only over 2 years old... but you can never be too sure?

dud rwc?! damn... i was hoping going to a proper toyota dealer i would not run into such risks...

gona be losing sleep over this... how would i ever find out if they sold me a dodgy car? last thing i need is try to sell my car few years down the track to only find out its not road worthy at all.

calm down mate! dealers are authorised to perform rwc tests on cars they have. something as minor as a little condensation could be an oversight, or it wasnt even there when they checked it over. just go back to your dealer, explain the situation and threaten to slash the tyres of all the cars in the yard if they dont replace it :P

in all seriousness, its just a rubber seal around the edge of the light which is an easy fix for a dealer. dont lose sleep

what a bummer,ya can always pay i think its around $75-$80 and get ya own roadworthy done,just need to find an established workshop(that does RWC) and tell him ya drama and he might find out whats been done or not done to pass roadworthy,i would only do this if they(your dealer) is not willing to fix these under wty.you do have options so dont lose to much sleep, as it was stated before you must have a RWC to sell a registerd vehicle so the seller & workshop that performed RWC are liable.anyway good luck with it all.

Edited by 1stKill

what a bummer,ya can always pay i think its around $75-$80 and get ya own roadworthy done,just need to find an established workshop(that does RWC) and tell him ya drama and he might find out whats been done or not done to pass roadworthy,i would only do this if they(your dealer) is not willing to fix these under wty.you do have options so dont lose to much sleep, as it was stated before you must have a RWC to sell a registerd vehicle so the seller & workshop that performed RWC are liable.anyway good luck with it all.

cheers guys... to be honest the amount of info i get here in half a night is more than wat id find out in days.

kinda annoyed coz its my first car and i'm like all excited about it... wont lose much sleep... speaking to them again, will let you all noe how it goes *fingers crossed*

and once again... thx to all contributors.

Hey mate,

Don't make a huge thing of it... getting worked up and all. It's a simple thing to claim something under warranty. Just take it in... tell them the problem and ask what needs to be done to fix it. They'll advise and then you'd tell them that you'd like it fixed under warranty :) No skin off their noses... that's how warranty works. People call me everyday in my industry of work claiming everything under insurance :)

Hey mate,

Don't make a huge thing of it... getting worked up and all. It's a simple thing to claim something under warranty. Just take it in... tell them the problem and ask what needs to be done to fix it. They'll advise and then you'd tell them that you'd like it fixed under warranty :) No skin off their noses... that's how warranty works. People call me everyday in my industry of work claiming everything under insurance :)

Cheers mate, yeah lets just hope they take it as it is and accept that my car is under new car warranty still and just get it fixed without dramas :)