MY $270 DOLLAR LESSON

zr nate

Yay my turn to rant! this is how my day went:

woke up had coffee (it was good) blah blah blah and then i went shopping. anyway returned to my car at 9.30am and could not get in. first the proximity sensor didn't work and then none of the buttons. Thought ok maybe the remote battery is flat but thats ok it has a manual key...

SO the manual key didn'y unlock the door. I could hear it click when i turned the key anti clockwise but door would not open. I checked the manual key in the boot and it opened fine. At this point i though i'm at a shopping centre so i'll buy a new battery (siza 1632 if anyone's interested) replaced the battery, cost of 10 dollars, and still no joy. FOr those of you who say the spare, the spare... I was in Perth and it was in Dunsborough (3 hour drive)

I rang my local dealer who was very nice and understanding but not very helpful. He tried a manual key on an aurion in the lot and when the car unlocked decied it must be my car battery. he suggested that the door locking mechanism must be connected to my car battery somehow and thats why i could not get in.

So now my only option is to break in to my car (there was no way iwas trying to go through the boot), get it towed to the dealer which MIGHT have been covered by warranty depending on the fault but meant waiting till late n the after, or pay the $270 to join the RAC and have them break into my car. I admit i was tempted to smash a window but i could not bring myself to do it so spent the 270.00.

A couple of hours later, which i think is pretty good well done RAC!!! i was in my car and after going through the manual was able to start my car by holding the remote to the push start button and the same time as depressing the button. I have learned that i can start my car but cannot lock it with this remote.

SO now my car is running and i go to my local dealer who has promptly blaimed the company who did my window tint for the manual key not working. When i book my car in for a service in a couple of weeks this will be checked but i thought it a bit strange he blaimed the battery and now blaiming tint-a-car.

Once i got home a confirmed the spare remote will lock and unlock my car.

The moral of this story and my request to those with keyless entry is test your manual key and make sure it works! if it doesnt work please let me know so i can go back to my dealer and question this. Also any other cases similar to this? I am convinced i have a faulty remote and should be a warranty issue (i think) but the manual key should be pretty straight forward......

I think i'll sell my ZR6 and buy a 3500S, i'll end up with grandfather knobs for aircon but at least i'll have an old fashioned key

thanks for listening to my rant!

I just tried my key on my 3500SL and it all works ok. All the doors un-lock.

Had a similar problem in Canberra in a rented Presara. Up at Black Mt Tower the transmission singles mess with the remotes, so had to use the key to lock/un-lock and also touch the remote to the start button to get it going.

So bottom line is that faulty remote should not prevent entry to car. will i do any damage to anything if i dsconnect the car battery and test door? once i've had the door worked on and we discover if it is a tint-a-car fault or a warranty issue......

my key opened my door after my easter incident and the car battery was flat a pancake took an hr to jump start but key worked fine

so that means its definately just my door, thanks for the info guys.

Yay my turn to rant! this is how my day went:

woke up had coffee (it was good) blah blah blah and then i went shopping. anyway returned to my car at 9.30am and could not get in. first the proximity sensor didn't work and then none of the buttons. Thought ok maybe the remote battery is flat but thats ok it has a manual key...

SO the manual key didn'y unlock the door. I could hear it click when i turned the key anti clockwise but door would not open. I checked the manual key in the boot and it opened fine. At this point i though i'm at a shopping centre so i'll buy a new battery (siza 1632 if anyone's interested) replaced the battery, cost of 10 dollars, and still no joy. FOr those of you who say the spare, the spare... I was in Perth and it was in Dunsborough (3 hour drive)

I rang my local dealer who was very nice and understanding but not very helpful. He tried a manual key on an aurion in the lot and when the car unlocked decied it must be my car battery. he suggested that the door locking mechanism must be connected to my car battery somehow and thats why i could not get in.

So now my only option is to break in to my car (there was no way iwas trying to go through the boot), get it towed to the dealer which MIGHT have been covered by warranty depending on the fault but meant waiting till late n the after, or pay the $270 to join the RAC and have them break into my car. I admit i was tempted to smash a window but i could not bring myself to do it so spent the 270.00.

A couple of hours later, which i think is pretty good well done RAC!!! i was in my car and after going through the manual was able to start my car by holding the remote to the push start button and the same time as depressing the button. I have learned that i can start my car but cannot lock it with this remote.

SO now my car is running and i go to my local dealer who has promptly blaimed the company who did my window tint for the manual key not working. When i book my car in for a service in a couple of weeks this will be checked but i thought it a bit strange he blaimed the battery and now blaiming tint-a-car.

Once i got home a confirmed the spare remote will lock and unlock my car.

The moral of this story and my request to those with keyless entry is test your manual key and make sure it works! if it doesnt work please let me know so i can go back to my dealer and question this. Also any other cases similar to this? I am convinced i have a faulty remote and should be a warranty issue (i think) but the manual key should be pretty straight forward......

I think i'll sell my ZR6 and buy a 3500S, i'll end up with grandfather knobs for aircon but at least i'll have an old fashioned key

thanks for listening to my rant!

Try sitting inside the car and push the unlock/lock button if it works there's something wrong with sensor, or it could be the window tint they need to use magnatised/de-magnatised (can't remember which one) film it could be blocking the senser--- this is from the oracle(my wife) she was sales manager at a toyota dealer

So bottom line is that faulty remote should not prevent entry to car. will i do any damage to anything if i dsconnect the car battery and test door? once i've had the door worked on and we discover if it is a tint-a-car fault or a warranty issue......

just tried my key in the Presara and turned anti clockwise and it worked. looks like you may have a fault somewhere....good luck and let us know what it turns out to be.