My 1990 Toyota Corolla SECA CS-X

Danny.

Hey guys. Im pretty new here. this is probably my second post on this forum lol. ;)

Just recently got my mums car handed down to me as my first car. Its pretty basic really, no mods or anything at this stage.

Its the AE92 Carby model. Im pretty sure that they are underpowered lol, but hey good for a first car am i right? :blink:

Here is a few pictures. The Sun shield at the back is going, as im going to get tinted windows, same with the mud flaps.

The rims are damaged due to my dad driving and hitting a few curbs at stages grr. :angry:

Ohh well im going to get some new ones.

If anyone has any ideas of what i should do, please reply. :rolleyes:

post-13322-1240823094_thumb.jpg

post-13322-1240823129_thumb.jpg

post-13322-1240823152_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daniel.

looks stock... any mods u planning to do to it??? but nice work lol... personally i hate secas cause they have no power well at least the one i had, had no power lol, like seriously 0-60 in like wat 10 seconds lol hahah sooo dam slow. it was a struggling car... like seriously my car right now could beat it without trying lol...

but yer its an ok car for a first car =]... my first car was a 1981 toyota corolla but he sold it off :@ that pissess me off heaps cause that thing was a beast hahah sorry for going off topic

Edited by Toyo Assassin

looks stock... any mods u planning to do to it??? but nice work lol... personally i hate secas cause they have no power well at least the one i had, had no power lol, like seriously 0-60 in like wat 10 seconds lol hahah sooo dam slow. it was a struggling car... like seriously my car right now could beat it without trying lol...

but yer its an ok car for a first car =]... my first car was a 1981 toyota corolla but he sold it off :@ that pissess me off heaps cause that thing was a beast hahah sorry for going off topic

not too sure.. probs new rims or something.. but atm i have no idea what to do.. or if im going to keep it <_<

it seems to be quite quick when you push it.. my parents never did.. but when i do it seems to move so thats a start lol

nahh thats ok mate

hahah yer wat type of rims are u going to get?? ... yer mine was auto. secas are crap in auto lmao

according to my knowlodge ur car is a twin cam right?

Edited by Toyo Assassin

hahah yer wat type of rims are u going to get?? ... yer mine was auto. secas are crap in auto lmao

according to my knowlodge ur car is a twin cam right?

All AE92s are technically "twin cam" models, either 6AFC, 4AFC, 4AFE, 7AFE or 4AGE. Given that it's a Seca and carby, that would make it the 4AFC

My first car was this exact same model, 4AFC carby. Only difference, mine was white!

Had a decent amount of zip at the time (especially for me being a first car) and the carby sounded far too good for it's 'performance' under power :P. Great car to learn in.

This looks really straight too, well looked after. How many km/s on her?

Yep definitely axe the shade, just make sure to make it look neater use a razor or similar to remove the clips from the rear window afterward (they are glued on).

Maybe a good buff and polish to bring up the paint too ;)

My first car was this exact same model, 4AFC carby. Only difference, mine was white!

Had a decent amount of zip at the time (especially for me being a first car) and the carby sounded far too good for it's 'performance' under power :P. Great car to learn in.

This looks really straight too, well looked after. How many km/s on her?

Yep definitely axe the shade, just make sure to make it look neater use a razor or similar to remove the clips from the rear window afterward (they are glued on).

Maybe a good buff and polish to bring up the paint too ;)

haha nice :D

it has about 100, 000Kms on it. mum didnt drive it that much so its great. it needs a new carby, getting a 32/36 weber for it.

haha yep for sure :P

you obviously have never come across a seca with a 4AGZE or a 4AGTE then :P

not too sure.. probs new rims or something.. but atm i have no idea what to do.. or if im going to keep it <_<

it seems to be quite quick when you push it.. my parents never did.. but when i do it seems to move so thats a start lol

nahh thats ok mate

Because it's your first car and your unsure whether you'll keep it or not here are a few of my suggestions

- regular service (every 5 - 10,000kms seeing as its only got 100XXXkm on the clock)

- use premium fuel or 98 ultimate or vortex

- Tint (which you already had planned)

- Rims, i'd go for 16 inch or even 17 inch but then you have to roll the guards and you might get scrubbing if the wheels aren't the right offset.

- stereo.. replacing the stock paper cone speakers and head deck with something decent.

- sports steering wheel and gearknob, just to spice the interior up a bit lol.

I have to disagree with Jayrome on some things.

Definitely service at 5,000km. Check if the timing belt was done at 100k km. That is a MUST DO item. It is also good to do the waterpump at the same time if it has not been done. Those 2 are Pain In The ***** jobs.

You would only choose 98 octane if you had noticable pinging.

195/50R15 tyres on 15x6.5 rims is what I'd choose. You can go to 16s or 17s with the right width and offset without much penalty.

Agree on the paper cones, though. The front two 4" speakers that are in the dash are probably totally shagged by now. Mine were missing the entire large cone.

Also, it is simply not worth doing performance mods on this car. Big brake upgrades, swaybars, extractors. Not worth it. Just buy an SX if you want to do that. It can be fun and a good learning process, but not WORTH it.

If you have no speakers in the back, I believe you can fit some 5x7's in teh stock spots above the rear struts. Some models have speakers there and some don't. The ones that do have the mesh to cover the speakers with.

I have to disagree with Jayrome on some things.

Definitely service at 5,000km. Check if the timing belt was done at 100k km. That is a MUST DO item. It is also good to do the waterpump at the same time if it has not been done. Those 2 are Pain In The ***** jobs.

You would only choose 98 octane if you had noticable pinging.

195/50R15 tyres on 15x6.5 rims is what I'd choose. You can go to 16s or 17s with the right width and offset without much penalty.

Agree on the paper cones, though. The front two 4" speakers that are in the dash are probably totally shagged by now. Mine were missing the entire large cone.

Also, it is simply not worth doing performance mods on this car. Big brake upgrades, swaybars, extractors. Not worth it. Just buy an SX if you want to do that. It can be fun and a good learning process, but not WORTH it.

If you have no speakers in the back, I believe you can fit some 5x7's in teh stock spots above the rear struts. Some models have speakers there and some don't. The ones that do have the mesh to cover the speakers with.

you don't need higher octane just for pinging. It gives better fuel economy too. Im saying because the engine has low kms then put in good fuel ( i suggested 98 but premium is only 95 and will suffice. Service it regularly and the engine will last a long time as long as it's not constantly thrashed everyday.

a brake upgrade isn't always considered a performance mod. Nothing wrong with putting Series 2 rotors and pads to replace the stock non vented solid discs, even getting rid of the drums on the back with ae101 discs on the rear. If you know where to look it's not too expensive.

I suggested 16 or 17 inch because IMO it looks a lot better than stockies or 15" but each to their own.