Illumination on Auto Gear Shift Cage - Gen 6 Camry

Tinz

Sounds like a really stupid question but does the auto gear shift cage (where the D, P, N, etc are) has illumination?

I bought my camry without lights to that area when I turn on the headlights at night and while it never occur to me that it might have blown, I just always thought maybe theres just no illumination at all which sems kinda silly since almost all cars have it these days?

Someone shed some light please??

For obvious safety reasons, the gear selection indicator next to the lever has illumination. You will find that it is illuminated by a T5 wedge bulb. Bulbs do blow, so all you need to do is take apart the centre console section and replace the bulb.

For obvious safety reasons, the gear selection indicator next to the lever has illumination. You will find that it is illuminated by a T5 wedge bulb. Bulbs do blow, so all you need to do is take apart the centre console section and replace the bulb.

thanks mate... silly question I know...

i agree. but if all the bulbs have blown, then that's not right. there's probably an electrical problem around that area that you may be able to claim under warranty.

Is there a fuse that looks after this? Might wanna look into that too.

I doubt that would be it, as it would run off the same fuse as the dash lights; witch usually the tail light one.

yeah i will get it looked at under warranty... thank god.

ever since i bought my car like 2 moths ago... its been non stop visits to the workshop! Just got the car back after getting my driver door realigned and passenger door produced a noise everytime you close it. Tailights lenses also got changed coz moisture was forming inside and the passenger headrest was a little shakey.

thank god for warranty... just the troubles is annoying.

i guess you wont that sorta problems with brand new cars...