Left side convex mirrors

TOOGUD

Dear All,

Wonder if anyone realised that Toyota has put on the Kluger spec list that the left external mirror is fitted with a convex mirror.. Correct me if I am an idiot.. Is it a convex (fish-eye) mirror all along or is it just been introduced. Kindly advice..

Grande_TRD :huh:

What do you mean by 'all along'? Does your Kluger have one? I would say it would have been a feature with it since your particular model Kluger has been in existence. The Gen 6 Camry's are the same, and the Aurion has both mirrors as convex mirrors.

Hi D,

Last person i was expecting to get a reply here.. what are you doin in this part of the forum??!! lol.. u don't belong here.. shoo.. haha.. anyway, i don't really get the "fisheye" effect as there is still blind spot which is not covered by the mirror.. unlike some of the mirrors which tends to curve even more when it reaches the end to help eliminate blind spots.. when are you free to hang out mate?? :D

Every so often at the meets, Rosie usually asks "where's Eugene?" or if I have seen you lately. It has been a while since we caught up. It didn't really click when I saw your post. I think the display pic threw me off. I'm pretty much available anytime outside of standard 9-5 work hours now since I don;t have many jobs interstate for quite a while.

Anyways, I love the convex mirrors. They do miss a spot here and there but when you compare it to a standard mirror, you then realise how much better they are. I hate jumping into another car that has normal mirrors; it feels all weird.

Dear All,

Wonder if anyone realised that Toyota has put on the Kluger spec list that the left external mirror is fitted with a convex mirror.. Correct me if I am an idiot.. Is it a convex (fish-eye) mirror all along or is it just been introduced. Kindly advice..

The Gen 2 Kluger has always had this. Don't know about Gen 1.

Dear All,

What's considered Gen 1 or Gen 2? I got mine last year in 2008 August..

Dear All,

What's considered Gen 1 or Gen 2? I got mine last year in 2008 August..

After August 2007 is Gen 2. Before that is Gen 1.