Howdy

Hey everyone, I been checking out the forums for a while and finally decided to sign up and post!

Im 17 years old (so obviously on my P plates...) and im turning 18 soon in a few months. Im living in Perth. I got myself a Toyota corolla ascent (2003) unlike most of you have your 'tivos....

Im pretty nuts over having good sound and what not and my car knowledge is pretty little as ive only just got into cars really...

The things ive done to my car are...

1. Got little mag wheels

2. Have a JVC KD-SC945 head unit

3. Have two Alpine type S subs in the boot

4. A laserline alarm

5. Alpine DDlinear front door speakers + splits

6. Sports grille

7. Alpine MRV-T420 Amp

Ive got pics below of my little add ons... :D

(sorry about the crappy pic quality)

car2.JPG

^ My precious baby ^

JVChu.JPG

^ The head unit (bad quality pic) ^

amp1.JPG

^ My little amp ^

mags.JPG

^ My mags ^

types1.JPG

^ The subs ^

:unsure:

Hey Skitzo, glad to see im not the only newbie in here of late :) welcome aboard

Nice ride mate :D . I think that is the colour of the tivo that I am getting. although my head unit and speakers are slightly different.

Alpine

________

CDA-9807 MP3/WMA Head Unit

SPR-694A Type-R 6x9" Coaxial Speakers

SPR-176A Type-R 6-1/2' Component Speakers

________

Not sure on what Sub/amp combo is going in yet though, the above is the current setup in the falcon that I have. good sound for moderate price.

Edited by Danthuyer

Welcome Skito :lol:

U got a nice system setup there B) . i wonder how much it cost & and did you get it install by someone or yourself :huh:

A bit of both really ;)

I installed the headunit myself...

Then I got the guys I went to to install the sub and amp as I really just wanted the wires hidden away well and a top job to be done... and they didnt charge extra for it so I went along and let them do it!

The new speakers im getting for the front doors also have to be installed by someone else as the door is gonna have to be trimmed to fit the speaker....

:( I honestly am useless at stuff that concerns a hammer and my hand.... (R.I.P 3 Toenails to the hammer)

Danthuyer... I was gonna get the alpine head unit... but the price seemed right for the JVC

The amp and subs cost $900 complete.... including wires and labour etc. and the headunit cost $400. The new speakers im getting in thedoors will cost around $500 RRP... so il try and get that knocked down to at least $420

Skitzo ........

I actually went the other way....I was looking at JVC first @ $700 for the head unit that I wanted, but then I went to Northfield (QLD) and I spent a good 2 hours in there talking to the guys about what I wanted to use as the cornerstone for my system. Then they showed me the new Alpine MP3/WMA unit CDA-9807 that was just about to be released (not yet in catalogue) and i got it installed for $550.......:D

Only reason for the change was becuase my Blaupunkt decided to die after 3 yrs

illuminati you are right about blue spots being good sound my above ol saville 1868 was a treat to listen too

Blade Hunter - If you have only heard the R series in the Board at the shop, then wait till you hear them in your ride :D nice clean hard sound...not too rough and drowned sounding at all

Yeah I only heard them in store and they sounded sweet in there, cant wait for in the car, im probably going to get an Eclipse amp though cos the THD (Total Harmonic Distorion) is only 0.008% but the albine was like 0.13%. Cos im keeping the standard deck and using high pass I need a REALLY low THD to counter that or it will sound crap :(.

I like the sound of the JBL speakers, To me that have the best sound for the money. I dont mind the alpine's. I wouldnt go for sony though, I had them in my old car and lets just say that they i wasnt happy with the sound quality for the money i paid

Nice lookin sound setup skitzo. :D

I'm runnin a pioneer head unit. 50X4. and one boxed 12" pioneer sub in the boot powered by a Boss Audio 1200w 4ch amp. Amp's only runnin the sub. Like you - i wanted a neat job as well - so i got mine put in $650 for sub &amp fitted. Still running the standard speakers out of the head. Have had to leave everything in a state so that i can pull it all out and put it into the sportivo im getting in may. (running a 2003 ascent at the mo) Once i get the new car tho will put new speakers in throughout, & run the sub and rears through the amp.

I'm open for suggestions on that actually if anyone has a keen ear for audio - what do you think is the best way to run it in the sportivo. :huh:

Hey dude.. Looks like your ride is coming together... Looks like you need to put some lowered springs on your shopping list ... ;) Not interested in a set of 16" Sportivo Rims and tyres are ya ?? :)

lowered springs is next on the list after I get my ddlinears installed tommorow in the front... I really have no clue about lowering at all though... is Toyota a good place to get the springs or if not then what type of place should I go to and how much should I expect to pay... and also how much should I get it lowered.... I only have little 15' wheels at the moment.. in the long run il get some 17' ones when ive saved some cash but that probably wont be for another year yet.

Thanks for the compliments as well guys! :D