Car Off The Road > TIME TO DO IT YOURSELF

Lupetto

So i was thinking, since ive lost it my lisence for 12 months i may aswell do more DIY jobs on my car (both cosmetic and performance)

Ide love to hear any sugestions with mods that you guys have thought about doing for a while now / or have done.

let em be as crazy as hell > or as borring as Fudge

lets here em :)

What year/enging?

How much money do you plan to spend?

Are you more into performance or looks?

Performance and Looks / Not TOO much money as im still putting aside cash for a house >

2004 - 2AZ-FE Manual :)

cheapest mods i can think of:

1) refabricate your intake by removing the resonators and replacing it with silicone hosing, and put in a k&n panel filter. you won't gain much power, but damn it sounds nice on the v6! not sure how it'd go on the 2az with vvti, but i imagine it would be ok.

2) if you cant afford to upgrade you rear sway bar (about $180 from whiteline for a 19mm), get a set of nolathane sway bar and linking arm bushes for the front and back suspension.

3) a set of bendix ultimate brake pads (about $200 for front and rear brakes), they've got a lot of bite

4) paint your brake calipers

5) spray the inside of your wheel arches black, it'll make your car look much cleaner

all i can think of for now

cheapest mods i can think of:

1) refabricate your intake by removing the resonators and replacing it with silicone hosing, and put in a k&n panel filter. you won't gain much power, but damn it sounds nice on the v6! not sure how it'd go on the 2az with vvti, but i imagine it would be ok.

2) if you cant afford to upgrade you rear sway bar (about $180 from whiteline for a 19mm), get a set of nolathane sway bar and linking arm bushes for the front and back suspension.

3) a set of bendix ultimate brake pads (about $200 for front and rear brakes), they've got a lot of bite

4) paint your brake calipers

5) spray the inside of your wheel arches black, it'll make your car look much cleaner

all i can think of for now

hey mate just wondering were the resonator on the intake is and if i could maybe see some pics, that would b good thanx guys

hey mate just wondering were the resonator on the intake is and if i could maybe see some pics, that would b good thanx guys

follow your intake from the manifold to the snorkel, and there will be one or two box-like things along the way (with the exception of the air filter box itself). theyre the resonators.

I've already removed the TWO resonators from the intake, sounds SWEET.

only thing is there is a little huming sound from the intake at idle, but it goes away when driving. i quite like it though, people think i've done some major work to the engine

btw if pimp-tivo wants a some pictures i can take them.

Edited by addy287

only thing is there is a little huming sound from the intake at idle, but it goes away when driving. i quite like it though, people think i've done some major work to the engine

yeah that would be good thanx mate i got a 2az-fe would that make any difference?

will it effect my computer like urs?

thanx guys

yeah that would be good thanx mate i got a 2az-fe would that make any difference?

will it effect my computer like urs?

thanx guys

i got a 1mz-fe i'll do a little research for u, but it should be pretty similar....

and it didn't affect my computer, that humming sound is just wot the intake sounds like with no resonator..

i might post it in the DIY section and PM u when its up

Is the Bedix Ultimate available for the Gen 5? According to their site only the General CT and Heavy duty are?

http://www.bendix.com.au/ReverseLookup.aspx?SetRefNo=DB1474

Bendix changed the range of their pads a few months back from what I could see...

I was after some Bendix Advance pads (good up to 380 degrees) but no one could source them because they weren't being made... I settled with General CTs, and quite honestly there's no reason for me to have had the Advance pads anyway. I'm not a hoon and I can't see myself trying to brake like a mad man :P

I wouldn't be suprised that they might have stopped making the pads for that model Camry.

Is the Bedix Ultimate available for the Gen 5? According to their site only the General CT and Heavy duty are?

http://www.bendix.com.au/ReverseLookup.aspx?SetRefNo=DB1474

even though theyre no longer being manufactured, ultimates are still available. however, youll have to hunt them down from numerous suppliers that might still have a pair or two in stock.

i have ultimates on the front for mine, and had the oem pads on the rear and they got worn down so i wanted to replace them with the ct pads. i ordered them, but the supplier didnt have rear ct pads in stock, only the ultimates (in an advance box funnily enough) so i got them for the same price as the ct's.

if not, then the heavy duty's are still pretty good. vic police use them on their cars

u know them bendix pads,

my old man when to their china factory they he got a set for my camry for only $20AUD.

how do i know for sure?

cuz i had to pay him back. lol. they might not be the 'ultimate' but they HAVE to be more than or a heavy duty brake pad.

Although it says on the packaging "ultimate stopping power, ultimate brake pads"

for 20AUD, heck anything heavy duty would be worth it ey? cheap as chips from the chinese factories.

u know them bendix pads,

my old man when to their china factory they he got a set for my camry for only $20AUD.

how do i know for sure?

cuz i had to pay him back. lol. they might not be the 'ultimate' but they HAVE to be more than or a heavy duty brake pad.

Although it says on the packaging "ultimate stopping power, ultimate brake pads"

for 20AUD, heck anything heavy duty would be worth it ey? cheap as chips from the chinese factories.

i think for street use, the difference between bendix ultimates and heavy duty's will be negligible, if not no difference at all. i just like doing mountain driving which requires a fair bit of braking, and the ultimates get more bite in them as they heat up - perfect to counter brake fade of the stock pads.

i didnt know bendix were made in china? when i got my ultimates, it said "made in australia" all over them

I rang up MORPOWA here in SA had a nice chat to one of the tuners in there and figured out what im going to be doing with the camry,

Putting funds together for F.I job > going to be ussing a TC turbo kit from the States

Im going to have to move the engine bay around a bit / move the battery to the boot / move the water res / a few other mods.

Theres allot more that i have to plan for but should be interesting project.

for the moment just going to do a Cat back exuast > make a custom CAI and a dyno tune.

Will post up progress as i go allong.

thanks guys :)