Stereo on the ZR6

Hey guys, my dad has been using this account till now but is not interested anymore. Anyway i was in my parents ZR6 and i played a song (Basstronics - I Love You Bass) and i had it up on full bass and on about level 35-40 (can't remember) and the rear spolier was shaking pretty badly so i had to turn it down because i couldnt handle the irritating noise.

Is there any thing i can do to stop it from vibrating as much?

Cheers, Chris

Does he have a sub? Cause if not, you don't know boot vibrations in the Aurion till you put one in.

As for reducing the buzzing and whatnot, Dynamat or equivalent is pretty useful at reducing that. It's pretty pricey though. I was going to do that for mine, but then I realised the handling potential for my Aurion and decided against the extra weight.

At least it's not as bad as this (skip to 0:50):

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

At least it's not as bad as this (skip to 0:50):

Haha, didn't know the thing can cause the car to shake till that in the video.. will that be harmful to the car in any way??

... will that be harmful to the car in any way??

Most cases you will just end up with more thing rattling in your car under normal conditions. Plus things may get a little out of shape and seals may not do what they are supposed to do anymore.

Hey, no he doesnt have a sub...i wish he did!!!...anyway i will have a look around for the DYNAMAT thing DJKOR was talking about.....DJKOR always has an answer to everything that i have seen!!!, Thanks, Chris

Hey, no he doesnt have a sub...i wish he did!!!...anyway i will have a look around for the DYNAMAT thing DJKOR was talking about.....DJKOR always has an answer to everything that i have seen!!!, Thanks, Chris

Option Audio Silent Armour is just as good and a bit cheaper ;)

Hey guys, my dad has been using this account till now but is not interested anymore. Anyway i was in my parents ZR6 and i played a song (Basstronics - I Love You Bass) and i had it up on full bass and on about level 35-40 (can't remember) and the rear spolier was shaking pretty badly so i had to turn it down because i couldnt handle the irritating noise.

Is there any thing i can do to stop it from vibrating as much?

Cheers, Chris

ditch the spoiler and blast that tune :lol:

nah just kidding,soundproof the boot & 1/4 panels and ya should be right,and yeah the good stuffs not cheap. B)