Conqueror M18 Laser Jammer

Ingres

Did anyone have any luck with Laser Jammer equipment in their cars? Found a shop selling this product and did a search on the internet, apparently the shop is selling the same product for $550 plus $100 installation in Brisbane. Not sure how popular is Laser Jammer here in Australia, but i know it is pretty popular in Asian Countries. Anyone like to share their experience on Laser Jammer Products in Australia??

http://www.delonixradar.com.au/laser-jammers/conqueror/m18/#

If you were planning on using this, you would be best to use it together with a radar/lidar detector. That way you have the jammer on all the time and when the detector picks up on the source, you slow down then turn the jammer off so they can get a reading. Otherwise if they constantly get a jammed signal, they may pull you over then you will most likely be busted then.

I'm trying to locate the documentation, but using a radar/lidar detector and/or jammer is illegal in all states except for Western Australia.

Edit: Here we go -

TRANSPORT OPERATIONS (ROAD USE MANAGEMENT-ROAD RULES) REGULATION 1999

Page 202:

225 Using radar detectors and similar devices

(1) A person must not drive a vehicle if the vehicle has in or on it—

(a) a device for preventing the effective use of a speed measuring device; or

(
b
) a device for detecting the use of a speed measuring device.

Maximum penalty—40 penalty units.

(2) Subsection (1) applies to a device whether or not the device is operating or in working order.

And with one penalty unit in Queensland being $75... that's a $3000 maximum fine.

Found the document details from here (also shows other states):

Radar/Laser Detectors: Laws in Australia

If you were planning on using this, you would be best to use it together with a radar/lidar detector. That way you have the jammer on all the time and when the detector picks up on the source, you slow down then turn the jammer off so they can get a reading. Otherwise if they constantly get a jammed signal, they may pull you over then you will most likely be busted then.

I'm trying to locate the documentation, but using a radar/lidar detector and/or jammer is illegal in all states except for Western Australia.

Apparently the guy who is selling the device told me that if anyone is using a radar and shoot it at your car, the device will have beeping sound to advice you to slow down, then the guy say the same thing, when u manage to slow down, you can unpluck the device so that the police can get a reading on your vehicle.. not sure whether anyone has it on their cars and tested that it really work well. I am staying near a place surrounded with school zone.. hahaha.. and it is a hot spot for police to be around all the time..

They do have the potential to work, but it's not a guarantee. It may be money well spent, it may not. Should have posted this in a more general section to get a few more responses.

Apparently the guy who is selling the device told me that if anyone is using a radar and shoot it at your car, the device will have beeping sound to advice you to slow down, then the guy say the same thing, when u manage to slow down, you can unpluck the device so that the police can get a reading on your vehicle.. not sure whether anyone has it on their cars and tested that it really work well. I am staying near a place surrounded with school zone.. hahaha.. and it is a hot spot for police to be around all the time..

As soon as a jammer is detected, it will show up on the whatever speed device the officer using - after which he will proceed to pull you over and fine the living hell out of you. I've got a much cheaper solution - don't speed.

i got a bell sti xr bought it in wa when i was livin there and worked a treat on multinovas, radar guns and highway patrol as well as every shop door on the same frequency but never really went fast enough to worry bout it whilst in town.

i used it alot while in the nt until i got pulled over and the copper give it too me real good

he actually started to write out the court order for it and also write a fine until i pulled my license out and it was still my wa one and wala he let me off needless to say it went in the glovebox and now is at home and will only be used on the highway theres no need to use them in the city to many cars around anyway.

but as far as value for money i believe for me it was good investment i have a tendancy to creep up in the speed and has saved me many times and def paid for itself in the yr ive had it.

As soon as a jammer is detected, it will show up on the whatever speed device the officer using - after which he will proceed to pull you over and fine the living hell out of you. I've got a much cheaper solution - don't speed.

Sometimes it is the school zone that i am worried about, its really hard to travel at 40km/h. But not much of a choice there, since the police like to ambush almost every alternate days outside the area i am staying..

Sometimes it is the school zone that i am worried about, its really hard to travel at 40km/h.

If you find it hard to drive at 40km/h for 100m or so, then get off the road, you can't control your vehicle at all. I'd hate to see you in a carpark then, you'd be bouncing off cars left right and centre.

Yes it seems slow, but that's the point of school zones - the slower you go, the more likely you are to see and react in time to a little kid jumping out from behind a car. School zones are one area where I think that the speed limit is perfectly acceptable, plus it's perfectly acceptable for the cops to set up radar traps there because speeding through a school zone _is_ dangerous, even moreso than on a normal road.

Sometimes it is the school zone that i am worried about, its really hard to travel at 40km/h.

If you find it hard to drive at 40km/h for 100m or so, then get off the road, you can't control your vehicle at all. I'd hate to see you in a carpark then, you'd be bouncing off cars left right and centre.

Yes it seems slow, but that's the point of school zones - the slower you go, the more likely you are to see and react in time to a little kid jumping out from behind a car. School zones are one area where I think that the speed limit is perfectly acceptable, plus it's perfectly acceptable for the cops to set up radar traps there because speeding through a school zone _is_ dangerous, even moreso than on a normal road.

+1

Yes I do speed a fair bit, but a school zone is one place I definitely keep to the limit and I have no issues with doing so either.

On the topic of 40 zones, a majority of the CBD here is now 40km/h. I can see how they may have jumped to that conclusion given how many pedestrians there are in the CBD, but I think 40 throughout the city is just a little too slow. They could have put it at 50km/h. Most people who are walking around are mainly adults who you think would have better judgement, and the ones that run across busy roads take their own risks.

I got friends who receive a fine when their speed is 45-48km/h, i usually keep within the limit just that sometimes i forget about the time of the school zone thats all, haven't receive a speeding ticket so far in Australia...

just that sometimes i forget about the time of the school zone thats all, haven't receive a speeding ticket so far in Australia...

Which is why (in NSW at least) they have a great big sign at the start of the school zone telling you the speed and times of operation, pretty easy to check the time on your headunit/clock......

A large proportion of the major school zones these days have solar-powered flashing lights too which automatically turn on during school zone hours, just to drill it into you that little bit more.

Did anyone have any luck with Laser Jammer equipment in their cars? Found a shop selling this product and did a search on the internet, apparently the shop is selling the same product for $550 plus $100 installation in Brisbane. Not sure how popular is Laser Jammer here in Australia, but i know it is pretty popular in Asian Countries. Anyone like to share their experience on Laser Jammer Products in Australia??

http://www.delonixradar.com.au/laser-jammers/conqueror/m18/#

I guess before you rush out and buy this thing, you may want to read these pages!

http://www.radars.com.au/radar_detectors/c...aser-jammer.php

http://www.radars.com.au/forms/delonix-mimic.pdf

Have a great day! If you get one, let me know how you go.

$3000 fine = a lot of speeding tickets.. <_<

Just not enough points with the license..

Anw, I never heard any of these things being popular ever in my country...

Suggestion, spend it on other mods... This would provide you pretty much with nothin.. In fact, it might attracts some rare heavy fines.

FTR "ToyotaBogan" is none other than Nick Balgowan himself from radars.com.au

But you guys already sussed that out: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=235009

..and cheers Nick for posting some of my (copywrite) content on your website ;)

To the OP - more than happy to answer any questions (via pm if that's the protocol) on that product.

I guess before you rush out and buy this thing, you may want to read these pages!

Have a great day! If you get one, let me know how you go.

That's a nice one.. thanks for the heads up, good to learn it from the forum. Guess will spend it wisely on other things..